Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Being able to select the word next to the checkbox itself to check

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Beda 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Currently I have a Taxonomy on my CRED form which allows me, if I want to check the box, to select the label to the right as well as the checkbox itself.

A checkboxes field on the other hand, will only allow me to click the little box itself. Which can be quite fiddly to do.

As well as the act of clicking the input box itself, would it be possible to include the label of checkboxes to enable the selection too?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I am not able to reproduce this issue in CRED form at my end. Types Checkboxes field and Taxonomy field as Checkboxes both already includes the label of checkboxes to enable the selection.

1. Please try to create a New Cred form and check the issue again.

2. Please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins (except Toolset) and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3. Please provide link to the page where I can see the issue.

Thank you

It's to do with them being in a cred_show_group. Top code doesn't work, bottom code does. So can I request that when in a cred_show_group these also include the label of checkboxes to enable the selection.

[cred_show_group if="(STR($(supplier-category)) = REGEX('82') OR STR($(supplier-category)) = REGEX('83') OR STR($(supplier-category)) = REGEX('84') OR STR($(supplier-category)) = REGEX('139'))" mode="fade-slide"]

<div class="cred-group cred-group-accommodation">
		<div class="cred-header"><h4>Accommodation</h4></div>
		<div class="cred-field cred-field-accommodation-options">
			<label class="cred-label">
Options You Provide
</label>
			[cred_field field='accommodation-options' post='wedding-supplier' value='' urlparam='']
		</div>

</div>

[/cred_show_group]
[cred_field field='accommodation-options' post='wedding-supplier' value='' urlparam='']

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for more details. Ok so the issue is with conditional form, I am going to check this at my end and will update you accordingly.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Hello Lindsay,

I am able to reproduce this issue in conditional group. I have escalated this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your co-operation and patience as we strive hard to resolve this.

Noman
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

Our 2nd tier support confirmed the bug and suggested a temporary workaround for it in case you would like to use it:

" The issue only happens if the checkbox field is wrapped in a div with class "form-group"
If we rename the form-group class to any name, the issue will be fixed, it's weird but happens. "

For example I used <div class="no class"> on the checkbox field, cleared browser cache and checked the form again, which now works for selection of checkbox & label as normal. Below is my example code of a CRED form:

[cred_show_group if="($(salary) eq  '5000' )"  mode='fade-slide']
	<div class="no class">
		<label>Location</label>
		[cred_field field='location' post='book' value='' urlparam='' output='bootstrap']
	</div>
[/cred_show_group]

The bug will be fixed and its in the development queue. Thank you

Thank you so much for the tip, the support at Toolset is second to none.

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it 🙂 And we are happy to help you.

Have a great day, Thanks

This issue should be resolved meanwhile, I am sorry you did not receive an update here

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.