Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Beaver Builder showing errors with Blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

When I have Toolset Blocks enabled with Beaver Builder I can't use BB it throws a JS error everytime, disable blocks and everything works as expected.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

During testing with the latest Types (3.4.2), Blocks (1.3.2), and Beaver Builder (2.4.0.5), I couldn't reproduce this issue.

Can you please share a clone/snapshot of this website, where JS errors can be seen?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

This will help in troubleshooting this on a different server, without affecting the actual website.

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Any update on this one?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for waiting and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

I managed to successfully deploy your website's clone on my server, but couldn't reproduce JS errors issue that you reported. While testing the Beaver Builder ( with Tolset Blocks active ), on the existing and the newly created pages, it worked as expected.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

Even with the script debugging enabled, I only see some warnings related to Google Maps API in the console.

Are you experiencing this while editing any specific page or working with any specific Beaver Builder widget? If you could share the specific steps, to see the error, I'll be able to investigate this further.

regards,
Waqar

Ok, I made a video for you on the way that seams to make this error happen every time! If you can try the same on your end, Thanks!

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for sharing the video and based on these steps, I was able to reproduce this error on your website's clone as well as on a new install.

It only appears if a post/page with a Toolset content template is edited through the Beaver Builder. If you'll unassign the Toolset content template from that post/page, it will become editable through Beaver Builder.

Since any direct changes added to the content of a post/page which has a Toolset content template, will have no affect on its single page, it makes sense to unassign the content template first before editing it through Beaver Builder directly.

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Ohhh awesome, thank-you that fixed it up. Hopefully you guys can add a warning or something for this scenario

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.