Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Batch update new added Custom Fields

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanB-2 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author

I have added a new Custom Field to my Custom Post Type.
The field dat I have added is "Production Date. When I create a view that is sorted by Production Date, I do see that only the entries are visible that were entered after the change of Production Date. I assume that the entries before, do not have this field and are not part of the View.

Is there an option to update in batch the value of such a new custom field for this production date?
I would like to update the production date to last modified date for all entries with the processtatus ="Done"

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Unfortunately there's no standard way. Because custom fields work on per-post-basis. That's true, at the point you add a custom fields, new posts have it, while older ones might not regard it.

However, there's a 3rd party plugin, which can help you in this case. Please have a look at https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-field-bulk-editor/

Thanks for the quick response - that plugin is more to update to fixed values. I will find a way to get this done. I was more hoping on an existing PHP script that is going thru the the CPT. I will continue my search ...