[Resolved] Base de données villes et codes postaux dans les champs de publication ?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Minesh 10 months, 3 weeks ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Minesh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author

J'aimerais pouvoir entrer une base de données villes et codes postaux dans les champs de publication pour un site immobilier (villes et villages de France ainsi que les codes postaux).

L'utilisateur dans le back devra pouvoir taper les premières lettres de la ville. Il aura alors le choix de sélectionner la ville en question et son code postal. Je pourrai ainsi proposer une recherche par ville ou par code postal dans le FRONT aux clients. Tollset me permet-il cette possibilité ?

Je n'ai pas de capacité pour faire cette démarche mais, avec vos directives, mon développeur pourra s'en doute s'en charger. Merci beaucoup pour votre aide précieuse.

Minesh
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

French support is not available at the moment but I will try to help you in English. I tried to translate your query and it seems you want autosuggest when you type city name - correct?

With Toolset Maps, you can add a custom field called "Address". This can then be used to select an Address, typing the name of the City as an example.

It allows you to create a custom search by this address, using the Views plugin, and also to display the location on a map.

If you need a search by zip code or simply the name of the city, you need to work with field types or taxonomies. It requires custom programming if you want to automate these fields. You may need a custom programming job that is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point, I suggest you contact one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the personalized support you need to continue your project.

Good evening,

I thank you for this answer but, unfortunately, it does not correspond to my legitimate expectation.

My very simple wish is to know how to make it possible to enter a database of all the cities of France with all the postal codes in the user fields of the back.

I can not ask the back users to enter the cities concerned by hand, it is impossible.

I suppose a simple way exists. Thank you for your consideration. Ask your experts to take care of the question and give me the answer in return.

My developer will apply your method.

Thank you very much in advance for your concern. This problem is urgent and very important to me. I thank you for taking this into account.

Best regards,
Gilles

Minesh
Forum moderator

So - you will have two user custom fields? one user select/dropdown field to select and store user city and one user field select/dropdown to select the post code?

Is it possible to share screenshot how that field you would like to display?

Hello.

No, I only need one field. The principle is to enter the first letters of the city and the software suggests the possible answers.

Look at the screenshots. That's exactly what I'd like to get in the front. In real estate, to carry out a search by city or postal code, this principle is applied by everyone, as it is the only one of effective.

Thank you.

Minesh
Forum moderator

OK - I understand what you are looking for.

You want auto-suggest with your field and unfortunately, there is no such native feature available with Toolset to build auto-suggest. This needs custom programming and that is eventually beyond the scope of our support policy.

Though - I would suggest you try few custom plugins instead:
=> https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-autocomplete/
=> hidden link

If you need custom programming with your project, Please feel free to contact our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/consultant/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Support professionnel Toolset’ is closed to new topics and replies.