Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Backend-Editing of Access wasn’t exist.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Can not change the Access-Setting for Taxonomies. I am using Divi theme, Divi Booster plugin, KK Divi Mods plugin

Solution:
This issue occurred only because client's site was corrupted somehow. As such he followed below steps:

1. Create a new site within current Multisite install or backup this and install a fresh WP site and move your site content, plugins and themes there manually using WordPress Export/Import tool: http://testsystem.web20.server44.webgo24.de/wp-admin/export.php

2. For Toolset content: Please go to Toolset >> Export / Import >>
There are multiple tabs at the top for each plugin (Types, Views, CRED, etc). You need to go to all tabs in Export/Import page and export import data for each plugin, into the new site.

-- Doc here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-importexport-types-structures/

3. For standard WP content (pages, posts, custom post types etc): Please use WordPress Export tool to export and Import. You can select export "All content" option.

This tutorial may help (some database steps in this tutorial are not necessary):
https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/moving-wordpress-site/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasB-2 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
toolset-access1.jpg
11-08-_2017_11-18-16.jpg

I am trying to: change the Access-Setting for Taxonmie

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the normal view of Access Backend handling for activate the acess steering for posttyps or taxonomies

Instead, I got: a list of Posttypes, taxonomies and types field, but there was no function to handle it.

I see f.e. all taxnomies under each other, but no toolset editing possibilities. On Type Fields i see some of the editing functions, but only for one Post type, the others could also not activated.

The Brwoserconsole shows the following message

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I have checked your site, please follow below steps:

1. Please delete and re-install Access plugin from here: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2. Please delete all sort of caches in your site plugin cache (WP Rocket), CDN cache, server cache (if any), browser cache too.

3. MySQL 5.5.57 version in your site, is lower than the required for Toolset. Please upgrade MySQL version and see if this resolves the issue: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

4. Have you migrated or moved site from one server to another when this problem starts appearing?

Thank you

Hi Noman,
- new Version was installed - but it didn't help.
- Also the deleting/deactivating of Cache (WP Rockest was in use) .
- The change of the MySQL was related to my hoster - wich must offer these new Version (actual not). But i asked him for the date where new Version was placed.
But i have parallel an other Website with Toolset Plugins include Access and there it worked with an older Version too (5.5.4)
- No migration was made.

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for providing more details. Lets try to debug it further, can you please perform following check:

1. Please Enable WordPress debugging in your site and look for any errors on the Access backend screen or in error_log file: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

2. Could you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins (except Toolset) and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3. If issues still exists, please provide temporary website WP-admin and FTP info for your site so I can debug further. Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Thomas,

I have checked the issue in your site, can you please send us Divi Booster plugin so that I would be able to check this and reproduce this issue at my local site.

Thank you

H Noman,
in wich way could i send you the diviBooster Plugin? Because i found here only upload Possibilities for Images?
Bye Thomas

Noman
Supporter

You can upload original plugin ZIP file to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link here with me. I hope you can do that.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

For some reason I cant see any link with your above message. I have sent you an email on your Toolset account email so you can send me plugin over the email. Sorry for the back and forth.

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Now I can see the link in the post. Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Activated Plugins.png

Hello Thomas,

I am not able to reproduce this issue in my clean WP install. I have activated Divi Booster, Toolset Access and Divi theme on my test site and Access back-end is working as expected.

I have again checked plugin conflict in your site and activated Divi Booster, Toolset Access, then go to Access back-end and it is working as expected. Means that the problem is not with Divi Booster and Toolset Access.

Can you please now check for a possible plugin conflict?
- Re-activate each plugin one by one to see which one is causing the conflict.
- Right now some plugins are activated on your site (see attached screenshot) and Access back-end is working fine.

Thank you

Interesting Behaviour. Maybe i was blind (but i checked it more than twice) or i get mixed up with KK Divi Moduls. I still activate and deactivate it - and it blocks or not blocks the access handling.
I place a copy of the Folder on Website as Zip File on dropbox.

hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Ok I think that could be a compatibility problem on multisite, because I still cant reproduce on a WP single site with Access + Divi + KK Mods + Divi Booster. I am going to escalate it to our 2nd tier for further review.

Noman
Supporter

FTP user/password is not working, can you please double check and resend me working ftp login as well?

Noman
Supporter

Hello Thomas,

I have now escalated this issue to our 2nd tier support for further review and we will get back to you with an update.

Thank you for your co-operation

Noman
Supporter

Hello Thomas,

We have tested this issue and found that your site is corrupted, I have created a new Test site and activated Divi theme, Divi Booster plugin, KK Divi Mods plugin and Access plugin back-end is working fine, you can check here:
hidden link

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.