Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Azure Maps not loading on iPhone (desktop works fine)

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreasK-15 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to use Toolset Maps with Azure for a global website (should load also in China without VPN)
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Followed the Toolset documentation and all works for desktop version, but not on mobile
Is there a similar example that we can see?
That's the site I used for testing: hidden link It loads fine on desktop with and without VPN from China, but on mobile it's only loading with VPN, but not without.
What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some research online, but couldn't find any compatibility reports about using Azure Maps on iPhone in China.

Can you please share some details about your testing process? Are you using an actual iPhone mobile device in China or is this testing involves using some online compatibility testing emulator with a simulated Geolocation feature?

In case you're only seeing this on a particular iPhone device, I'll recommend testing this on a different device, web browser, and with a different Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Since the same device is loading the map with VPN, I'm more inclined to the idea that this is related to a particular internet service provider. Once this is confirmed, you can get in touch with your ISP for more details about the possible restrictions.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using an actual iPhone from within China and tested with different browsers (Firefox and Safari) and different ISPs (Wifi and cellular network). All with the same outcome that the Azure maps will load over VPN but not without it on the iPhone. However, using the same internet connection from my Mac and Firefox) shows the map with and without the VPN.

Hope that helped. Many thanks and kind regards, Andreas

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

In order to report this to the concerned team for a possible further investigation, we'll need more specific details like:

1. iPhone model and iOS version, along with a confirmation that you've also tested this on a different iPhone device.
(please make sure that iOS is updated to the latest version)

2. If you've used Firefox and Safari web browsers on that iPhone, please also test the map with Google Chrome. It is very important that all those browsers are updated to the latest versions and their cache and cookies have been cleared.
(it would help if you can also share the installed browser versions too)

Hi Waqar, the issue is not resolved, but I think it's related to the Chinese firewall. I'll give it another try with Chinese version of Asure Maps. We can close this ticket here. Thanks again for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.