Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Avada them integration

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Dear Sir/Madam,

Refer to https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/ it showed the Toolset Layouts is required for the integration, as I know Toolset Layouts is being the Legacy plugins, may I know whether I still need the Toolset Layouts if I apply the Avada theme? What is the disadvantage in using the Avada theme if I highly use the Toolset plugins especially the post relationship. Could you tell me the truth?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Dear Kelvin,

Since Toolset Layouts plugin is moved to Legacy plugins, so it is not recommended to use it in your new project.

And Toolset Layouts plugin is not required when you use Avada theme, if you are using Avada Fusion Builder to design the post/page, you can try the Text Block of Avada Fusion Builder. With it, you can display Toolset custom fields and views, see the document you mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/#designing-the-interior-with-toolset-and-avada-fusion-builder
section "Designing the interior with Toolset and Avada Fusion Builder":

To insert Custom Fields or a View in the part of your page using Avada Fusion Builder, you need to insert a Text Block.

Dear Luo Yang,

Thanks for your reply. I used the Toolset Layouts and I can build some custom header or footer to a specific page if Layouts plugin is moved to Legacy plugins, what is your recommendation if I want to have my custom layout?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for writing back.

Luo will be on vacation this week so I'll be following up on this ticket.

The Avada Fusion Builder also offers its own theme building layouts as explained in this guide:
hidden link

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Dear Waqar,

Avada is not the only theme I use if the theme has not layout builder, how can I do it with Toolset like Toolset Layouts before. If I don't need to have third-party plugins other than Toolset, I prefer not to use them.

Any suggestion and how?

Best regards,

Kelvin

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kelvin,

The reason for not moving forward with the Layouts plugin is the upcoming/planned "Full site editing" feature from WordPress.
( ref: https://make.wordpress.org/design/handbook/focuses/full-site-editing/ )

At the moment the Gutenberg blocks can only be used to design the content part, but WordPress plans to extend them so that they can be used to construct the full layouts, including the header, footer, sidebars, etc.

Here are some useful resources on the topic:
hidden link
hidden link

In light of this, it makes sense to invest more time and effort in the development and improvement of Toolset Blocks, so that when the full site editing is here, it can be effortlessly used with it.

Until then, Toolset users can choose the layout builder that comes with the theme, use third-party layout builder like Elementor, or continue on using the Layouts plugin. But it is important to remember that the Layouts plugin's legacy status means that it is no longer under the active development status and will not get any new feature updates and hence the recommendation not to use it on newer projects.

I hope this explanation will make things more clear.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.