Skip Navigation

[Resolved] AVADA “globals” conflict with Toolset Bootstrap

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

A recent version of the AVADA theme introduced "Global" elements, a great feature that allows elements to be easily updated across an entire site. This feature works fine until used on a page using a Toolset layout, or specifically a Woocommerce Product page using a Toolset Layout.

It broke the page.

I changed the setting to Allow the Theme to Load Bootstrap 3.0 and no longer have the problem. Just wanted to post in the event other AVADA/Woocommerce/Toolset users encounter the same issue.

Thanks,
ch

I will need some more details, as I am not very familiar with the Theme AVADA, although we have it in the repos, and provide compatibility with it, we are not using it ourselves daily.

1. Please show me a step by step process with which I can add such a global and how to use it
2. Please also let me know how you apply Layouts, and what cells to use, in order to see the issue
3. Finally, I need to know what "broke" means. Is it a fatal PHP error, or just a style issue?
Screenshots of the issue can help here

I will then try to replicate this locally, see if I can, and if yes, debug it and determine if this is a Bug that we need to solve on our end, or if it needs tight collaboration with the AVADA teams.

In any case we are striving to grant compatibility with this Theme, no matter what.
This may result in a longer development - but we will try everything to remove all issues.

With your kind collaboration we will be able to do this even faster 🙂

I created a screencast to walk you through the issue. Please see the information below.

Environment

Server (self hosted):

PHP 7.0

CENTOS

Wordpress:

WP 4.9.2

AVADA 5.4

Patched to #416094

Woocommerce

Link to Screencast

hidden link

Thanks for the Video.

I have to clarify something that seems a misunderstanding.
We do not suggest to use Toolset and AVADA as you show in the Video.
It can produce unexpected results and is the opposite of what we suggest.

1. If you do not install Toolset WooCommerce Views, you will not be able to style the WooCommerce Products or Shop at all, using Toolset, neither with Content Templates, Template Layouts or Content Layouts.
I am not sure if you use WooCommerce Views, it was not clear in the video, but it is not relevant for the next point

2. The Suggested approach is to create Layouts or Content Templates.
While doing so, usually you can also choose some Theme Specific Settings for each Layout or Template.
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/#what-we-want-to-get-from-toolset-and-what-we-want-to-get-from-avada

3. Then you apply those Templates or Layouts to single or several Posts.
But, as said, if you do not use WooCommerce Views, those won't apply to Products. Only to CPT's created by Types, manually, or registered by WordPress/Theme.
(as long they are standard post types, basically)

This would be the suggested approach.

Also note that the AVADA Builder cannot be used around Toolset design:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/#designing-the-interior-with-toolset-and-avada-fusion-builder
You would either use the AVADA Builder, and insert just our Fields, or use Content Templates or Template Layouts.

Now, related to the Global you show me, I tested that with the above suggested approaches locally on pages and products as follows:

- On pages, while not using WooCommerce Views, and with all possible Bootstrap Settings:
I found no issues
- On WooCommerce Products, before setting up WooCommerce Views:
-- I needed to explicitly declare support for it in the Fusion Builder setting.
-- It works fine, I see no issues.
- On WooCommerce Products using Template Layouts as you, but together with the Fusion Builder should not be done as per the DOC shared above.

In the allowed scenario, this seems to work fine.

Can you confirm this?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.