Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Avada FAQs element not working with Toolset Bootstrap

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Use Avada Fusion Builder FAQ element

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
At the bottom of the page, when you click the + symbol to view a FAQ, it should just open and stay open.

Instead, I got:
When I click the + symbol to view a FAQ it is immediately closing again.

I believe the problem is due to Bootstrap conflicts. When I set Toolset > Settings > General > Bootstrap loading > Toolset should load Bootstrap 4, the toggles don't work.

When I disallow Toolset from loading Bootstrap 4, by choosing The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 4, the toggles work, but other core things on our website lose their formatting, for example all Toolset Forms looks squished together.

I've had similar issues with other Fusion Builder elements not working well when Toolset plugins are active (eg Pricing boxes, Content boxes, Tabbed content). We love Toolset and want to keep using it, but these conflicts are becoming very frustrating.

Toolset advertises that it is compatible with Avada. How can this conflict be resolved? Is it something Toolset needs to fix or the Avada guys? Are there any known workarounds?

Thanks and best regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to access your website, but it is showing some errors coming from the "WooCommerce Multilingual" plugin.
Screenshot: hidden link

It could be due to an incomplete or corrupt plugin installation and I'll recommend to re-install that plugin to fix this particular issue.

As for the conflict between the Bootstrap and Avada theme, you'll find the background information in our guide at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-and-avada-theme-layouts-and-custom-templates-without-coding/#managing-bootstrap-issues

For overcoming this conflict for the collapsable items like FAQ element's accordion, you'll also find the suggestion from this reply useful:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/collapse-not-working-from-bootstrap-4-bundle/#post-1339703

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Yes, we had an issue updating WooCommerce Multilingual. It is now resolved and you can access the site again.

Thanks for your suggestions and links.

The first time I tried to save the functions.php with the new code it failed, but then I just tried saving it again and it saved successfully. Probably a one-off thing, so hopefully we can ignore that.

- The Avada FAQs appear to be working now correctly! Fantastic! 🙂
- Toolset Forms also appear to be working correctly 🙂
- Avada Tabs appear to be working again too 🙂
- Pricing tables not yet. I created a simple test page to demo the problem. Could you please advise me if this is Bootstrap related or not?
hidden link

Some follow up questions:

1) Is it acceptable to place the code into Toolset > Custom Code instead of adding it at beginning of functions.php? We tried using the Custom Code section for another thing, but it didn't work there and when we upgrade the Avada theme, sometimes these code snippets go missing, so it would be great if the Toolset Custom Code feature was acceptable for this.

2) For my understanding, as I'm not a PHP developer: What we have just done is allow Avada to load Bootstrap first, and then if Toolset needs to override it, for example to display Forms correctly, then it uses its own Bootstrap code and overrides that of the Avada theme, correct?

Thanks and best regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the update and glad that FAQ element styles are now fixed.

> Pricing tables not yet. I created a simple test page to demo the problem.
> Could you please advise me if this is Bootstrap related or not?
> hidden link

- I noticed that the pricing table on that page seems to be showing correctly, similar to the one at the demo page:
hidden link
( screenshot: hidden link )

I don't see any impact of the Bootstrap styles loaded through Toolset (through that new code snippet) on this table.

1) Is it acceptable to place the code into Toolset > Custom Code instead of adding it at beginning of functions.php? We tried using the Custom Code section for another thing, but it didn't work there and when we upgrade the Avada theme, sometimes these code snippets go missing, so it would be great if the Toolset Custom Code feature was acceptable for this.

- Yes, the PHP code snippet from the other thread can be included through the Toolset's custom code feature, too.
https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/
( screenshot: hidden link )

As explained in the relevant guide, for some PHP snippets, you'll have to adjust the execution timing through the priority number:
https://toolset.com/documentation/adding-custom-code/using-toolset-to-add-custom-code/#snippet-execution-timing

Also, a general recommendation is to always add theme customizations through a child theme, so they are not lost when the main/parent theme is updated:
hidden link

2) For my understanding, as I'm not a PHP developer: What we have just done is allow Avada to load Bootstrap first, and then if Toolset needs to override it, for example to display Forms correctly, then it uses its own Bootstrap code and overrides that of the Avada theme, correct?

- Your understanding is mostly correct, but let me explain what we're doing through here.

a). Bootstrap library resources consist of CSS styles and JavaScript code.
( ref: hidden link )

b). When the Bootstrap library is loaded through Toolset plugins, both CSS styles and JavaScript code is loaded.

c). But the Avada theme loads its own modified Boostrap resources, which result in a conflict when they're also loaded through Toolset.

d). When we set "The theme or another plugin is already loading Bootstrap 4" in the Toolset settings, we stop Toolset plugins from loading any Bootstrap resources.

e). But through the PHP snippet, we only selectively load the CSS styles part from Toolset's Bootstrap resources, which help in fixing the missing styles but without bringing in the script conflicts.

I hope this clarifies.

regards,
Waqar

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 09.21.33.png

Hi Waqar

Thanks once again for your clear and detailed update. It is very much appreciated.

I was surprised to see your screenshot of the pricing table, so I figured it must've been a browser issue and indeed it seems to be.

- Safari on Mac is the only browser that cannot display it (see screenshot).
- Chrome and Firefox on Mac and IE and Edge on Windows can all display it correctly.

So I'm guessing this is not a Bootstrap-related issue and I should open a ticket with the Avada team?

Thanks and best regards
Simon

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Simon,

Glad my message helped.

Your understanding is correct and if the pricing table element (on your website and the demo page hidden link ) is not showing correctly only on a specific device/browser, it would be best to report it to the Avada's support team.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions and for a new question or concern, you're welcome to start a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.