Skip Navigation

[Resolved] automatically apply template to new post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has assigned a content template to a custom post, but the content does not get assigned to new posts.

Solution:
The content template was assigned to the post types archives instead of the post types. So, it will be used to display these posts on the archive pages if no archive template is used. Check this screenshot http://prntscr.com/ubzpos

You will need to assign it to the single pages instead of the archives.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by malagaS 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? content template usage is set for post type but when new post is created the template has to be manually selected.

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? no but normally this works for me. possibly prior to blocks.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

This a very weird issue. I wonder if you are using the Toolset Layouts plugin on your website? If yes, is there any layout assigned to your custom post?

Otherwise, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If it does not help, I'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging.

Hi Jamal, thanks. no, not using layouts at all. not even installed.
since this is a live site i can't easily start disabling things - is it possible to give you login so you can see if it's set up correctly and not user error?

Jamal
Supporter

Sure, I would like to check this closer. But, If I could not find anything we'll need to perform these tests. If, it is not possible to do so on the live site, I wonder if you could create a staging site and work on it. Or, I can take a Duplicator copy of your website and work on it locally.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

The content template was assigned to the post types archives instead of the post types. So, it will be used to display these posts on the archive pages if no archive template is used. Check this screenshot hidden link

You will need to assign it to the single pages instead of the archives.

Please do that and check again.

Thank you! I had a feeling i was missing something 🙂 thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.