Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Automatic updates

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-11 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author

Can you please consider implementing Update function through WP backend?

I think its a pain to update plugins, for all websites i used WP-Types products on (WP-Views, Access, Types etc), and im never notified when a new update releases.

Thats why i was wondering why you dont have a User-license that makes it possible to update wp-types plugins though the Plugin-backend? - The update functions REALLY lacks on your plugins.

Im really happy for WP-Views, but the update function is bad.

Make a user-license that if valid, you can update WP-Types plugins though backend.
In case of YES - the license could look something like this in backend after entered, so the client cannot copy and paste the license again for a new website:
1234567890********** so half of the license is hashed to prevent use from non-licensed users.

This is really life-urgent to have this.

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello
In the latest version of Types, there is automatic updates function that after you register you site, you can upgrade trough wordpress backend.
In your profile you can define the sites that this license is valid for and get individual key for every site.
You cannot use one key for site with different domain.
You can read more here: https://toolset.com/documentation/installation/

Hi.

Thanks, i am a old user of WP-views and i never knew this - properbly because its very new.
I feel like i could have been informed about this, but its there now and thats whats important.

Thank you.