Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "Author" level users can't set relationships between posts.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelS-53 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi Toolset,

For whatever reason, our "Author" level users can't seem to set a post relationship. We have a post relationship called Game with Review, for example, so when someone goes to write a new review, they should be able to link it to the game it descends from. This is available for Editors and Admins, but comes up blank for Authors. The actual heading shows up "Game with Review", but no options to add anything appear.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I assume you are talking about the backend editor, right? Or is this happening for a Toolset Form?
Can you explain where the author should write the review? A screenshot will be helpful.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 4.16.20 PM.png

Hi Jamal,

It's happening in the backend. When an author creates a new review, it should have a field that lets it link the review to a game set by a types relationship. The types relationship is one-to-many, game-to-reviews. For admins and editors, this box appears no problem. But for authors, only the headers of the box appears. Not the actual fields or buttons to select anything.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you for your feedback. I tried this on a new installation and I have got different results. Check this screenshot hidden link
My author user was able to connect either a parent created by him or by another user(admin).

I'll need to exclude any possible compatibility bug with another component(theme, plugin) on your website. Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help, I'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging. https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.