Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Author can't upload images

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

When an author tries to edit a page on the frontend (it's using a CRED FORM for frontend page editing that I made), they can just fine. Then they press the INSERT MEDIA button and try to upload an image. It gives an error back "Sorry, you are not allowed to attach files to this post." Basically it won't let them upload anything.

In ACCESS, which is activated, I have authors set so they can upload files. What else can I try? Everyone else in user groups above them can upload images just fine.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Does the author role have access permissions to the Media post type ?

If not then this could be what is causing the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes they have these permissions for media: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Could you enable these same permissions on the default CPT and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Right now it is setup like this: hidden link Is this where you want me to change something? If so, what to what exaccly?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Yes this is what I want you to change, also allow both to have publish permissions as well.

Thanks,
Shane

If this is what you meant to do: hidden link then it didn't work. Did you want me to try something else?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

The Media type should have the same permissions as well.

Thanks,
Shane

I appreciate your help but what you are saying isn't making sense... that's why I keep asking. It's very vague. You now said the media type should have the same permissions but they are using the permissions from the default post type, which I changed. That change had no affect anything.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the vague answers.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look at the issue and provide a more detailed response.

The private fields have been enabled for your next response. Also please let me know which form is having the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

I didn't seen any private field here. Just a normal reply field. Am I missing something?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

It seems I didnt enable it.

Sorry it should be enabled now.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Could you change the role of the user you gave me to an admin account.

Also if you disable the access plugin does it work ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Sure, I have done this for you. Just wanted you to see what author looked like when trying to add image.

I haven't tested the access thing.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Mike,

Thanks for updating the permissions.

Would I be able to perform the access test ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.