Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Assistance converting to new post relationship model

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I created a new announcement.. the parent field was populated and the post relationship established... without the cred_save_data hook?
I don't know how that could be happening. May I log in and see this? Please tell me where I can find the Form, and which Announcement you created, so I can take a closer look.

I'm not able to get through the basic HTTP auth with the login credentials provided here. Can you check? I will reactivate private fields here so you can update the credentials if needed.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Peter,

Christian is out today but should return tomorrow to continue assisting.

Thanks,
Shane

I suggest to first update all the software on that site.
There are 17 pending ones, and some are security updates.

Then, I will need a direct link to the Toolset Form in question, as I could not find it either here in the forum thread nor could I find the Form with the Code you mention in your site (but I did not check all forms, as there are many)

Without persisting (saving) the generic field, or applying the custom code, that data cannot be saved.
Hence I suspect the custom code is either still or already in place.

In fact, there are several Forms API code snippets that could actually be the ones making this work:
cred_before_save_data with my_before_save_data_action
But that seems to apply only on a parent-notification-email and not a parent post connection.
It would however literally be impossible to connect posts with a simple generic field unless you have custom code in place.

Please let me know where I can find (edit) and use the form on the testing site.

Then I can have a deeper look.
Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.