Skip Navigation

[Closed] Assigning an item to several parents of the same type

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Waqas.

Author

Hi,

On several of our sites we need to be able to assign a post to several parents of the same time, do you have any plans to introduce a feature that can do this properly?

I'm aware of the post here: https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-associate-one-child-with-several-parents-of-the-same-type/

But this is a clunky method and I don't want to recommend that to my clients. Can we look at just adding additional fields in the wp_postmeta table for that post? _wpcf_belongs_project, _wpcf_belongs_project_1, etc? then have views look for those fields when rendering out a view?

Thanks

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

The methods described at that reference guide, are the most to-the-point and logical for this matter. However, you can always use custom fields to store IDs of multiple posts (acting as an artificial link to parents).

Views is capable of querying based on these custom fields.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related, thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Assigning an item to several parents of the same type’ is closed to new replies.