Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive reset button not working

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a toolset archive here: hidden link

when i click some filters, and then click reset the form does not rest. could you explain why?

incase you need to see wp-admin, here is a one click log in link: hidden link

the archive is here: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Branden,

Thank you for getting in touch. From what I can see you are making a manual reset link.

Try using the Toolset shortcode that was made for this and let me know if it works.
[wpv-filter-reset output="bootstrap"]

Thanks,
Shane

no, it was a toolset shortcode, but i've added yours and it still doesnt work

Shane
Supporter

Hi Branden,

I can see where it's not resetting all the values because the URL still has some of the selection in it.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this in a bit more detail?

The private field will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Branden,

Thank you, the problem was that you've added the filter button outside of the search filter form shortcodes.

This means that you should've added the code for the reset button inside the shortcodes below.

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-controls]

[/wpv-filter-controls]
[wpv-filter-end]

As the reset button is a filter control. If it's added outside of these shortcodes then it wont work. I've added the shortcode for the reset button inside this and its now working.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.