Skip Navigation

[Resolved] archive post type by month

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I create "review" post type

I install "Custom Post Type Widgets" plugin to show the reviews archive. and it is working as you can see here - on the left side bar:
hidden link

but If you click on one of these links there is a "page not found" error:
hidden link
so - this archive link is not working...

these are my permalinks structure: "hidden link"

I created an archive to "review" post type. amd you can see it here:
hidden link

but I need a monthly archive for these reviews...

I also create a monthly archive only to "reviews", and it is working like this:
hidden link

but the URL is without the "review" slug so the side bar I created with "Custom Post Type Widgets" don't works...

and what if I need a separate monthly archive for a different post type?

Can you help me?

but I need a monthly archive for these reviews...
Hi, I'm afraid there is no simple way to create different monthly archives for custom post types using this URL structure. The year / month / day archives are only meant for the native WordPress Post type, so this URL format doesn't work for multiple post types. If the URL structure is flexible, you can add a Post Date filter to each post type's WordPress Archive. Set the filter to respond to a URL parameter like you can see in Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 12.05.10 PM.png, then you can link to different month archives using different URL parameters like this:
https://yoursite.com/review/?postyear=2018&postmonth=08
The results will be filtered by year and month.

If your site requires the /post-type-slug/year/month/ URL structure, it will require custom code that manipulates URL permalink structures. That customization falls outside the scope of support we provide here. We have a contractors portal available where you can connect with independent developers who have knowledge of Toolset and WordPress: https://toolset.com/contractors

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.