Skip Navigation

[Resolved] archive post order 2

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was not able to order an archive template based on a custom field.

Solution:
WooCommerce views were configured to use the default WooCommerce order in Toolset->WooCommerce views.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by troyC 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi ,

I've updated plugins and deactivated non-toolset plugins. The problem remains...

This is a follow up of a ticket that was closed:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/archive-post-order/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I have checked this archive page which contains 9 products hidden link

Every product does not have a "Post Order" value, on which you are ordering the archive template. Check an example screenshot hidden link

These are the products that I have checked:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

Can you check if adding an order to these posts will produce the expected results?

Hallo Jamal,

Thnx for your suggestion. I have tried adding a value to the field "post order" toll all products in a specific category but its not working yet unfortunately. I've tried this on the category you suggested but also on the test site which contains latest updated plugins @ hidden link

Any other suggestions?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I run a test on a new installation and I was able to sort products inside a taxonomy archive with a custom field. The only difference we have is that my field is a number field and yours is a "single line" field.

I suggest you add a new custom field for ordering and make it a number field, then update the archive template to sort on this new custom field.

You can check my test site by following this one-click-login link hidden link
Check this page hidden link

If this does not help, we'll need to exclude any possible compatibility conflict with your theme and other plugins, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

My issue is resolved now.

Frontend Sorting "Use default WooCommerce sorting for product archives." was selected with WooCommerce Views plugin

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.