Skip Navigation

[Resolved] YooTheme does not display archives styled by Toolset

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Theme YooTheme which I use for my website seems not to be working nicely with Archives styled by Toolset.
The contents I add in Toolset's archives won't apply to what I see on the Front end.

Solution:
YOOtheme Pro Developers released with YOOTheme 1.20.2 a fix for this compatibility issue with Toolset.

The native WordPress loop is now used in the Theme's template files.
The archive layout created in Toolset will now correctly be displayed on the archive pages.

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by hadiN 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:
Display the archive page that we designed using WordPress Archives

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The design we created using WordPress Archives which should look something similar to this hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

We are using Yootheme Pro and the archive page of the Services custom post type is still displaying the default style of the theme archive page.

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Pacific/Niue (GMT-11:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with your problem.

1. Can you please confirm that you have followed the instructions detailed in this article?
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/customize-post-archives/designing-an-archive-without-any-page-builder/

2. Can you clarify if the Services custom post type is your own or a CPT from the theme?

3. ) Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.

1. Can you please confirm that you have followed the instructions detailed in this article?
Yes, I have followed the instructions while creating the archive page.

2. Can you clarify if the Services custom post type is your own or a CPT from the theme?
The Service custom post type is my own and I have created it using Toolset Types

3. ) Temporary Access to your system
I have sent the login details in the private fields

Thanks

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello

I´m sorry for the delay in responding. I believe this is a theme issue and am consulting with some senior colleagues. Thank you in advance for your patience

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello

I can see that you have activated Toolset Layouts and that we might be working at cross-purposes.

Could you please do the folowing:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I will then work locally without interfering with you.
Thank you

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello again

I have been doing more investigation/testing and I can say with confidence that the issue is the way your theme has integrated the "theme builder".

Please read this article:
https://toolset.com/home/compatibility-toolset-plugins-themes/
Section: Potential theme conflicts with Views

I can see that your theme has integrated a "Theme builder" and it is using the settings defined here to create the archive layout:
Appearance > Customize > Layout > Blog
Once the layout is created, the associated content template that is defined in the page profile is used

I have replicated this behaviour on a sandbox site with the Yootheme here:
hidden link

On this sandbox site, I have loaded my test CPT - Book(s). Here is the link for the archive view:
hidden link

As you will see, if you change the active theme between Yootheme and Twenty Sixteen, the view is either acknowledged or not. From this testing, I can conclude that the theme is bypassing the actions that Toolset is filtering/hooking on to load/display the defined archive layout/view.

Do you agree with this analysis?

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I do agree with this analysis.
The theme is is bypassing the actions that Toolset is filtering/hooking on to load/display the defined archive layout/view
Is there a way to stop this and to make the view applicable on the archive page by preventing the theme from bypassing Toolset's actions?

Thanks again.

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello

There may be a way, but this would involve some custom coding on either the theme´s end or on the Toolset side. I am conferring now with some senior supporters to know the best way to move this issue forward.

It maybe that you will need to look for 3rd party contracting or, it can be that we escalate the issue to our comaptibiltiy team. Please be patient while I get an indication on how to proceed.

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello

I have confirmation that this is indeed a compatibility issue with YooTheme.

Specifically, for Toolset Archives to kick-in, it is required that the archive.php of the theme contain a WordPress Codex compliant "loop" of the type:

while (have_posts()) {
the_post();
}

More here: https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop_in_Action

It is clear from reviewing the code in archive.php, this is not the case for YooTheme. Here is the suggested way forward:

1. Inform the author about the situation
Then provide the author´s contact details to us and we will advocate your request for a solution and be available to support them. Note that we will not "fix " anything, we will just enter in contact with the author, answer questions and ask for eventual updates. This is why it is important that *you* contact the author yourself first.

We also have a “beyond pages” programme where the author can apply to make his theme fully CPT ready:
https://toolset.com/documentation/beyond-pages-program/

2. Create a new archive.php in your child-theme.
You may have better outcomes by including a new archive.php in your child theme that will use a standard loop for your CPT. This will require coding probably best done with a 3rd party contractor:
https://toolset.com/es/contractors/

I believe this might be your best option. I wait for your feedback.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I have contacted the author to inform them about this situation and to ask for their contact details.
I will send their contact details as soon as they reply.

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

OK - thank you - you can respond when you have the details and I will forward them to our team.

Hello,

This is the email address of the Yootheme support: support@yootheme.com
And this is the link of the ticket I opened to contact them hidden link

Yvette Oliveau
Supporter

Hello

THis is good news. We are already preparing to escalate this to our compatibility team.

The final thing they ask from you is the original zip archive of the theme. (e.g. the zip file that you downloaded/purchased from YooThemes)

I am opening the private area for this. Please only include a download link to a platform where you have previously uploaded the zip file to. Use a service like FileTransfer, WeTransfer, Dropbox...or similar.

Thanks again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.