Skip Navigation

[Closed] Archive Page: change to a table + design & edit the title and description

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,
I want to make the Archive page identical to the results page.

For example, as Yellowpages does:
Results page: hidden link
Archive page: hidden link

In mywebsite:
Results page (for renewable energy): hidden link
Archive page (for renewable energy): hidden link

My questions:
1. How can I create a table in the archive page? I don't have the option to create it as a normal page (it offers all other options but not a table).
2. How can I design the title & description in the archive page (for example, instead of the title: "Stock Category: Renewable Energy" I want the title "Renewable Energy Stocks List") ?

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 15.18.38.png

The table format isn't available for custom WordPress archives.

A possible workaround would be to use a View inside your WPA, but you could run into problems, it's not an intended use, you would have to try it and see.

You will need to remove everything from the output of the archive, and then within the WordPress Archive Output section insert a View block, which you can use the table output style for. You'll be outputting posts with the View block rather than the archive block.

It looks like you are using the Astra theme, in which case theme options are supported in Toolset templates and custom archives.

With the WordPress Archive block itself selected, in the sidebar settings at the bottom you'll find a theme options panel, and you can disable the archive title output by the theme there (screenshot).

You can add a heading block to provide your own title.

Hi Nigel

I don't understand. I already tried to remove everything to insert a view block but it didn't work. In the archive template it automatically "jumped" again to create the default view.
Can you please create a demo in my site so I can understand better your guidance? I can create WP login user for you (just please change my post to private)

My website is only table based. similar to:
hidden link
hidden link

I must have table based solution for the archive page.

Thanks.

Hello,
Q1. How can I create a table in the archive page? I
Are you using Blocks editor to create the Toolset WordPress Archive?
If it is, within Blocks editor of Toolset WordPress Archive, it does not support Table layout, but it is possible with classic editor, for example:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General, in section "Editor to use for WordPress Archives", enable option "Classic Editor"

2) Dashboard-> Toolset-> WordPress Archive, create a new one, and test again

Q2) How can I design the title & description in the archive page
It should be in your theme file, for example, with WordPress default theme 2020, it is in theme file index.php, line 57~77:

if ( $archive_title || $archive_subtitle ) {
		?>

<header class="archive-header has-text-align-center header-footer-group">

<div class="archive-header-inner section-inner medium">

<?php if ( $archive_title ) { ?>
					<h1 class="archive-title"><?php echo wp_kses_post( $archive_title ); ?></h1>
				<?php } ?>

<?php if ( $archive_subtitle ) { ?>
					<div class="archive-subtitle section-inner thin max-percentage intro-text"><?php echo wp_kses_post( wpautop( $archive_subtitle ) ); ?></div>
				<?php } ?>

</div><!-- .archive-header-inner -->

</header><!-- .archive-header -->

<?php
	}

I suggest you check it with your theme author.

Checking, thanks. I'll update soon.

I have updated this thread as "Waiting for feedback status", please update here if you need more assistance for it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Archive Page: change to a table + design & edit the title and description’ is closed to new replies.