Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive not formatted correctly when using Beaver Builder 2 vs Beaver Builder 1

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
bb2-book-archive.png
bb1-book-archive.png

I am trying to: Create an archive content template using Beaver Builder.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: On a local development site

I expected to see: The archive in a list format with the featured image to the left

Instead, I got: The featured image above with bad formatting (see attached screenshots.

Have you tested with Beaver Builder 2? I believe there are other oddities.

What I did: With BB2, Types and Views - when editing the content template I with BB2 I inserted a row with two columns. Using the BB text module I put the Toolset shortcode for the featured image on the left, and using the BB text module I entered the shortcodes for title, post meta, and except in the box on the left. Saved. See "bb2-book-archive.png"

I deleted BB2 and added the latest version of BB1, went to the content template for the book archive, clicked edit, launched the builder, and resaved it. See "bb1-book-archive.png"

This is not a pressing issue for me at this time. I am reporting it for your benefit.

Regards

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I set up a test site locally and I observe the same.

Examining the source code, none of the BB markup used to make rows and columns is being added to the page with version 2.0.

It is the same for single post templates as well as those used in an archive.

I'm raising this with my colleagues to see how we can proceed.

I'll escalate this thread and report back to you when I know more.

Thanks. I'll leave it in your hands.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

The issue with Beaver Builder 2.0 will be fixed in the next Views update, but in the meantime you can apply the patch described in this erratum: https://toolset.com/errata/content-templates-built-with-beaver-builder-2-0-are-not-rendered-properly/

If you still have problems, please let me know.

I tried the patch and it fixed the issue reported. Thank you for the quick fix.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.