Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archive loads new table section with AJAX, breaking links

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
The sermon archive is put into a table for the convenient use of the end-user. However, some of the links, such as Scripture links, do not load after the first page of the table. Stated another way, the Scripture links no longer exist after the first page, assuming the page is loaded initially. By right-clicking on the 'next' button, and opening the next tabulated data, the Scripture links exist as normal, but only for that page.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/gutenberg/how-to-add-pagination-to-your-views/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-pagination/
When I adjusted the pagination to try to turn AJAX off, nothing happened on the front-end. So I tried no pagination and increasing pagination to 20 items per page, and no change was made on front-end.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I am not aware of one.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In order to troubleshoot this issue on my test website, I'll need to see exactly how this view is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I noticed that on the website, the archive page for the "Sermons" post type is at:
hidden link

While there is a regular page, "Sermons" with a post view at:
hidden link

But the pagination on these two pages is interchangeably showing unexpected results, as you noted.

Note: The website seems to be using the Cloudflare CDN which can serve the older cached pages/content. During this troubleshooting, I'll recommend disabling all cache and optimization settings.

Next, it would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need a clone/snapshot of this website so that it can be investigated on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and I'm setting your next reply as private as well.

My apologies for the delay, we will need a few more days, if that works. Thank you kindly.

Waqar
Supporter

Please take your time and I'll wait to hear back from you.

Note: Your next reply has been marked as private, in case the website's clone/snapshot needs to be shared.

Just a quick update, I am setting up a local dev to troubleshoot this today. Thank you for your patience.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and I'm setting your next reply as private again.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.11.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.10.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.10.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.10.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.10.06 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.09.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.09.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.09.09 AM.png

Again, thank you for your patience. I know a local dev does not provide anyone else access, however, due to circumstances, we thought it was the most practical solution in the meantime. Attached are screenshots showing that I removed the plugins, and ran a different theme (the standard 2020 theme), and it not only did not fix the table's hyperlinks/tooltips, but it actually broke the table altogether.

Is there anything else we can do to figure out what is going on here?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these screenshots.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your website is using a third-party script "VerseClick", to automatically link scripture citations.
( hidden link )

The way that script is designed, it only initializes, when the entire page loads or reloads, but not when partial content is updated through AJAX (i.e. without reloading the entire page).

This is the reason that whenever you update the results through AJAX pagination or through AJAX search filters, those scripture citations are not converted into links.

You can get in touch with that script's author "Brandon Staggs ( bstaggs@av1611.com )" to explain this limitation and he'll be able to share some suggestions around how to re-initialize the script when the results have updated through AJAX.

Meanwhile, the workaround would be not to use the AJAX for the pagination and the search filters.

I hope this helps and feel free to share any suggestions you receive from the script author.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.