Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Archiv for custom post type remains empty even though the preView shows posts

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by katjaS-3 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hi,

most likely another no-brainer from my side but I don't find the solution.

I created a custom post type with many additional fields. I created an archive for this post type and in the preview there are all the posts I have already stored. However if I go to the preview or I key in the slag directly I the result view keeps empty and it shows only the description for the custom post type page. The filter works also fine in the loop view.

THX in advance.
URS
Frank

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Frank and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I could suspect one of the following:
- An issue with the theme.
- A caching issue.

Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

The above manipulation will also invalidate any cache and should fix the issue.

If this does not help. I'll suggest removing the archive template completely and recreating it again.

If that does not help too, please allow me temporary access to your website to check this further. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **
I might also need to take a copy of your website for some local debugging, let me know if that's fine with you.

Hello Jamal,
I am quite happy that I have a sandbox duplicate. Therefore it was easy to deactivate all plugins and switch to the 21 theme.
Short: it the theme. After I deactivated all the archive worked fine. I step by step switched on all plugins --> archive still worked fine.
I switched to both the parent and the child theme of "The7" from Dreamtheme the archive was showing the same "nothing" 🙂 like before.
So what would be your proposal now?
URS
Frank

PS: I google a workaround: Page CSS: "#content{height=2000px}". This makes the archive appear. But it is not dynamic. I also switched to Bootstrap 3 but no change.

Jamal
Supporter

Would you allow me temporary access to this sandbox to check it further? Or I can provide a sandbox site and let you install the theme there and I'll check it. Maybe, I can find a solution, or I'll escalate it to our 2nd Tier for further assistance.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

It seems that something(Javascript code) is setting height to 0px for the element that will hold the archive results. Check this screenshot hidden link

So, I added the following Javascript code to the archive template, which removes this 0px height, and it seems to fix the issue:

jQuery(function($){
  $('#content>.wf-container').css('height', '');
})

Check this screenshot hidden link

THX to the support member of - at least this month: Jamal, my issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.