Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Applying WordPress content template to a page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to apply a WordPress Content Template to all posts in a specific custom post type.

Solution: In the Content Template settings, you can choose to apply the template to all Single Post pages in a post type.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by digitalF 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I have a custom post type that I have applied a WordPress content template to it for the single post page, which its working perfectly.

The issue I’m having is that when a new post is created I have to manually (either) choose the content template on the post post itself, or reapply the content templates to all posts within the specified post type.

Is there any way to have a content template defined, so this is automatically applied to a new post when it’s created, rather than having do this manually or by bulk?

Many thanks

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.29.26 AM.png

Hi, when you assign a Toolset Content Template in the "Single Pages" section, the Content Template should be automatically applied to all new posts created in that post type. For example, in the screenshot attached here the "Guest Pages" Content Template should be assigned to all new "Speaker" posts created in the future. If that is not happening automatically for you, we can do some troubleshooting steps to find out what might be happening.

Can you tell me how the new posts are being created? For example, are they created in wp-admin, or created on the front-end of the site using some form, or are they programmatically created by another plugin?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I spotted the option for the single post pages, applying my template here has fixed the issue for the layout.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.