Skip Navigation

[Resolved] apply two filters to the same element

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

Is there a way to apply more than one filter to the same element?

In my case, we created the taxonomy Categories for different types of building created by an entrepreneur.

Ex: Commercial, gas station, grocery, house, duplex, condo, etc.

Right now, we can use the Category as a filter, but at some point, what we'd like to do is link to a page using two buttons: commercial and residential.

When we click on residential, we go to a page with a filter to choose between single family, triplex, condo, etc... but no commercial elements. So, the drop-down for choosing the category cannot show all categories, but only those that are for residential...

I thought maybe doing two parent categories: commercial and residential, and then putting sub-categories would help, but it will still show all categories in the drop-down filter...

Why can't we put more than one filter for a specific element? Ex: A filter that would check if it's active and then another one that do something, but just on the actives...

Hope it's all clear...

Thank you.
Nelson

Dear Nelson,

I assume you are using Views shortcode [wpv-control-post-taxonomy] to display the taxonomy dropdown filter, and you are going to achieve this:
When user go to a specific URL, display specific some options in the taxonomy dropdown filter.

If it is, there isn't such a built-in feature within shortcode [wpv-control-post-taxonomy], see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-taxonomy

If you agree, we can take it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

Yes, I think that's how it can be done... So yes, please add it to the feature request.

Thank youl

Thanks for the details, I forward it to our supporter Beda, who manages the feature request of Views plugin, I will update you if there is any news.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.