Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Apostrophes have been changed to '

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.83 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

A Toolset view stopped working suddenly, then I discovered that lots of apostrophes had been changed to ' in that and other views. Now wonder:
Do I have to change all ' back to apostrophes?
Why did this happen, don't want it to happen again.

The site hidden link is under development but should be finished very soon...

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi, I'm not sure why this would have happened but I can try to investigate. Normally this character is okay in a View shortcode:

'

If you're using any other apostrophe characters in shortcodes, I would need to see how you have those implemented. Can I see this on your site somewhere, or can you include the full shortcode with apostrophes in your next reply?

Hi, thanks for your quick reply!

I have already tried to use search & replace to fix this, but the problem comes back.
Below are two examples of views, that I already corrected a couple of times, but then changes the apostrophes again:

Example 1

<div class="ad-tag">[wpv-post-title]</div>
<div class="adimage">[types field='banner-image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='custom' width='360px' height='360px' resize='proportional'][/types]</div>

Example 2

<section id="nyhetspuffcontainer01">
<div id="tema"><h5 class="teasertema">[types field='teasertema'][/types]</h5></div>
<div id="rubb"><h1 class="pufftitle-01">[wpv-post-link]</h1></div>
<div id="imag"><div class="show-only-on-large">[types field='image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='custom' width='250px' height='300px' resize='crop' separator=', '][/types]</div></div>
<div id="imag"><div class="show-only-on-small">[types field='image' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='custom' width='500px' height='300px' resize='crop' separator=', '][/types]</div></div>
<div id="nedr"><h3 class="puffnedryck-01">[types field="nedryckare"][/types]</h3></div>
<div id="text"><p class="pufftext-01">[types field='pufftextformatted'][/types]</p></div>
</section>
<div><p class="layout layout-name">VIEW NYHET-01: [wpv-post-link]</div>

Skärmavbild 2020-01-22 kl. 19.59.56.png
Skärmavbild 2020-01-22 kl. 20.00.05.png

When I pasted the code and sent the message the apostrophes changed back to the original - but only in the message - the problem remains in my views!
And I can now see that the happened in my original messagen to you as well.
To show what is wrong in my Toolset views, look at the enclosed screen images, please

Thank you for the screenshots, this is helpful. I have seen a strange issue like this when a User account becomes corrupted: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/code-in-views-template-apostrophe-reverts-to-039

Is it possible for you to log in using a different User account to see if the problem is resolved? If not, please create a NEW User account and test again. Please let me know the results and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

I will test using another account.

Actually my admin account suddenly lost all admin priviliges two days ago.
I was able to change my account back to Admin.
But maybe this problem started at that moment.

You think the solution could be to trash my current admin account and use a new account?

I tested with another admin account.
Corrected the CSS in one view. Saved it.
Opened it - problem is back.

My WordPress content editor (for ordinary posts) no longer has tabs for VISUAL and TEXT. Now it is only TEXT.
Could that be related?

/Valter

It could be related but it's difficult for me to know offhand. Can you try these troubleshooting steps next?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Views (or Types and Blocks if you're using Blocks). Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty, and temporarily deactivate any custom code snippets you have in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code.
- Log in using the new User account you created, clear your browser cache, and test again.
- If the problem is resolved, you can try reactivating your theme and other plugins one by one, testing each time, until the problem returns.
- If the problem is not resolved, I will need to take a closer look. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here and let me know one post or View I should test with to see the problem occur.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

I have not been able to to deactivate plugins, especially not Woocommerce and Elementor. Had this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wc_get_screen_ids() in /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/admin/class-wc-admin-notices.php:165 Stack trace: #0 /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WC_Admin_Notices::add_notices('') #1 /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(312): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-admin/admin-header.php(118): do_action('admin_print_sty...') #4 /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-admin/plugins.php(481): require_once('/home/foraftse/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/foraftse/stodochservice.se/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/admin/class-wc-admin-notices.php on line 165

I guess I will have to recreate the site from scratch?
Or do you see a solution?

Okay if it's too difficult to deactivate plugins and run tests, it's probably best for me to make a clone of your site so I can run tests on my own environment without breaking the live site any further. To do that, I would like to log into wp-admin and install the Duplicator plugin. That will allow me to make a clone and install it on my local environment. If that's okay with you, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here. I will install the plugin and get started.

5.png
4.png
3.png
2.png
1.png

Okay I'm not able to replicate the same issues on my local copy of the site. I'm attaching screenshots here showing:
1. Visual and Text tabs shown for standard Post editors
2. Normal apostrophes in View nyhet-01 before editing text in loop Content Template
3. Normal apostrophes in View nyhet-01 after editing text in loop Content Template
4. Normal apostrophes in View Ad_for_grid_01 before editing text in loop Content Template
5. Normal apostrophes in View Ad_for_grid_01 after editing text in loop Content Template

So with that in mind, I checked your live site and found the same behavior. I'm not seeing unusual apostrophes anywhere. I tested by updating the Ad_for_grid_01 View, and then refreshed the page. I see no unusual apostrophes in the View.

Is it possible you have some kind of browser extension enabled that is causing this problem? Please try a different browser like Chrome or Firefox instead of your current browser to confirm the problem is occurring in all browsers.

I forgot to mention that I hade exchanged all single-quotes (apostrophes) to double-qoutes - then they remained after saving and closing.

But I still do not have TEXT / VISUAL tabs in the post editor. Tried this on Chroome and Safari now (I usually use Firefox).
And since I cannot deactivate Woocommerce and Elementor i suppose something is very wrong, or at least very unreliable?

I have already done some work on a brand new version of the site so far without installing Woocommerce - to avoid new problems. My plan is export some of the content from stodochservice to the new site, as well as copying some content templates and views.
Would you think that is a reasonable plan...?

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 11.19.16 AM.png

But I still do not have TEXT / VISUAL tabs in the post editor. Tried this on Chroome and Safari now (I usually use Firefox).
And since I cannot deactivate Woocommerce and Elementor i suppose something is very wrong, or at least very unreliable?

The reason you cannot deactivate Woocommerce and Elementor is because your theme requires these plugins and has disabled this capability. If you activate the default Twenty Twenty theme you will be able to deactivate the plugins successfully.

I forgot to mention that I hade exchanged all single-quotes (apostrophes) to double-qoutes - then they remained after saving and closing.
Again, I'm not able to replicate this with apostrophes on my local environment or in your live site. Screenshot attached.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.