Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Apostrophe used in usermeta field, clears the field in a CRED Post form

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Author
Registration Form.png
Accepts Apostrophe Backend.png
Open up CRED form and wipes the field.png

I have a User registration form with a few User fields on it. This all saves first in the User list on the back end, with OR without apostrophes.

I copy this data over to the CRED form - see code below. If an apostrophe has been added (fine without), when I open the CRED Post Form it wipes the field - i.e. it ends up empty (on the CRED form and in the back end).

Example code here:

<div class="cred-field cred-field-post_title">
		<label class="cred-label">
Business Name
</label>
		[cred_field field='post_title' post='wedding-supplier' value='[types usermeta="company-name" user_current="true"][/types]' urlparam='']
	</div> 

I either do not understand your approach or I can not replicate it.

1. I created a user Edit Form
2. I added a user Field (Single Line) and made sure I populate this with your example code
==> Not that I don't see why this should be necessary.
You don't need to populate the value with a ShortCode, as CRED will already grab the value from the User Data
==> Anyway, I did it and still it's working
3. I added the Field's content to the user with and without apostrophe and both times, it displays fine in the CRED or backend.

Do I need to take another extra step to reproduce this?

Can you elaborate on it?

thank you

Definitely doesn't seem to work here... (didn't realise that I didn't have to put the shortcode in, I'm sure at some point these were empty, that's why I did it). Anyway back to the issue...

This is a URL of the CRED form: hidden link

This is the URL of User field group:
hidden link

Create an account here: Suppliers tab hidden link Add an apostrophe to the Company Name.

Check email, login here hidden link

Look at CRED form here: hidden link

My development site - you should have all the credentials to log in already....

Please provide Login data on a Per-Thread basis
Thats to save time and also because other threads can get closed and then we loose access.

I enabled the Private message.

I am very confused on what you are doing.

You mention User Forms or creation but use Post Fields, that are populated with user data?

And it seems, this is not Types data but WooCommerce Data?

Please can you confirm (or not) this steps are how to do it:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/apostope-used-in-usermeta-field-clears-the-field-in-a-cred-post-form/#post-386524

If not, please provide a step by step approach, on how I can achieve the problem locally, this will speed up the process.

It must hold what Data type it regards, how to proceed, if only user or also Post Forms are involved, so I can quickly reproduce locally and if I find the issue, I'll report it and we will solve.

We can not debug the specific application logics, but we arte happy to analyze the generic problem.
If this problem is reproducible, please elaborate how I can do that. Then we will solve it.

Thank you

It would be good that you first update your WordPress to it's latest version. Can you do this please?

❌ Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ❌
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You also have notices (errors) on your System, I think this is due to a 3rd Party Plugin using deprecated methods.

Thank you for the additional information, they helped me to see the issue locally as well.

I have escalated the issue, as I can also reproduce it with the latest WordPress and Toolset

I apologize it took me considerable time to understand the issue.

Thank you

OK, updated dev site - setup just for anyone at toolset to do whatever you want with (the site I work on is up to date and had original issue and toolset was up to date also in the 'toolset' dev site).

I'll have a look at the plugin...

Great, so glad you can see issue too. No problem, many thanks for your help.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've raised that issue to our developers, I'll see whether we can provide a hotfix. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for reporting that and for your understanding.

I uploaded the files and they solved the issue. Many thanks.

You are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.