Skip Navigation

[Resolved] any future plane for adding relationship betwen users ans post types ?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by saidB1322 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: make relashionship betwen users and post types i like your plugins but i am forced to use Pods plugins because of this feature any planing to add it soon ?

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Currently this feature won't be added as the wordpress API currently doesn't support relationships between a CPT and a user.

So unless the API supports this then it won't be added.

Thanks,
Shane

thank you for your answer ,but why the POds plugin have this feature !?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

My best guess on this one is that the relationship could be hardcoded by modifying the post table to account for users.

But that is just a speculation of the hardcoding but I know the API doesn't not natively support this and if this was to be implemented in Types then it would be hardcoded as well.

If wordpress was to implement an API for this then this functionality would definitely make it to Types.

This is similar to how taxonomy terms didn't have custom fields but some plugin managed to hardcode it in. But now the wordpress API supports this and this functionality was added into types.

Please let me know if this was clear.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello
i understand now 😉 , can you plz take a look at the needs of my projects and tell me if it can be made with types toolset without the feature of users relashionship , maybe there is other solutions.
i want to create a community site for education.
when an user register he chose the school and the specialty and city ,

1- I want to relate school post type and class post type and city post type with users .
2- Every city can have one or more school and every school can have same and different classes.
3- in school page we can see all the classes and users and city related to that school.
4- in class page we can see all the schools and users and cities related to that classes.
5 in city page we can see all schools and users and classes related to that city
6- is it possible to integrate google maps to have location of schools with types ?

Thank you Mr Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Sure no problem I can have a look 🙂

In response to your questions.

1. You can create a users post type which will essentially be a user profile. This way you can relate the user to the CPT using their profiles.

2. This one would require the setup of a many to many relationship. We actually have a tutorial on how to do many to many relationships. See the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/many-to-many-post-relationship/

3. This can be done using our Views plugin to display the different relationships between Each custom post type. The link in 2 above also highlights how to display these as well.

4. Also covered in 2 above.

5. This is possible and can be done by following the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#toolset-maps

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hello

I did think about creating a user post type i saw it in you referance sites specialy the real estate one , my only problem is that i am planing to integrate buddypress and other plugins , i think they cant detect the user post types as wordpress users.

thank you for your effort

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

The user post type is different from a user. Users are something completely different from a Custom Post Type.

So creating a custom Post Type called User is like creating a custom post type with any other name. The custom post type will just server as profile for the user where you can link your Posts to the user CPT since you cannot link it to a user directly.

Thanks,
Shane

thank you so much for your help
keep the best work on the best plugin

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.