Skip Navigation

[Resolved] An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 428 of the file /var/www/html/ma/man

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

We keep getting these automated wordpress emails about fatal errors - Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, Toolset Types.

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 428 of the file /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:428
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): WP_Installer->plugins_action_links_registered()
#1 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#2 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-plugins-list-table.php(826): apply_filters()
#3 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-plugins-list-table.php(605): WP_Plugins_List_Table->single_row()
#4 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1273): WP_Plugins_List_Table->display_rows()
#5 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1204): WP_List_Table->display_rows_or_placeholder()
#6 /var/www/html/ma/mantelortho.com/wp-admin/plugins.php(637): WP_List_Table->display()
#7 {main}
thrown

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you let me know the exact scenario under which this error occurs?

Were you trying to create something when it occurred?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

not that i know of. It's one of those automated emails that wordpress does now when an error occurs.

On the plugins list it says this at the top "There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

And the full list of plugins does not display -- including Toolset.

this is not the first site this has happened on so it is a recurring issue.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the clarity.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin and FTP access to the site so that I can check on this further for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Thanks, I was able to see the error when I logged in.

I would like to see if this is replicable on a fresh install. Would you mind allowing to grab a copy of your site using the duplicator plugin ?

Thanks,
Shane

I take it you mean on a local non-available install? If so then sure - please feel free.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

I did a quick run through your plugins and the issue is being caused by the "WP Editor".

Once I disabled this plugin then the backend returned to normal. Not sure what additional functions this plugin gives but disabling it will restore your plugins page to normal.

Thanks,
Shane

Oh man - ok. I will look at that!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Chris,

Please let me know as soon as this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.