Skip Navigation

[Resolved] An ad from Advanced Ads Pro does not show in a custom post when using WPML

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: An ad from Advanced Ads Pro does not show in a translated custom post when the post is translated using WPML.

Solution: Adjust the Advanced Ads Pro "Priority of content injection filter" setting wp-admin > Advanced Ads > Settings > General tab, Content Injection section. The "Priority of content injection filter" was set to 1000, which is too high to work with Toolset's Content Template system. Adjust this priority to 99.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AlimB3245 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to:

I created an ad on Advanced Ads Pro and it shows fine when I am using it on a custom post... however when I translate the custom post, the ad does not show.. I had an online support chat with WPML and they mentioned that the issue was with Toolset Blocks and that it works fine when not using Toolset Blocks.. the ticket for this chat with WPML Support is here

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/advanced-ads-pro-plugin/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
the above page is translated and hence the ad is not visible

I expected to see: hidden link
This post show the section 'Please click on image to view Flipbook edition of the article' which is injected by Advanced Ads Pro..

Instead, I got:

it should ideally appear also on this link hidden link

The issue can be checked on this subsite

hidden link

And the articles are here..

hidden link

The translated articles will not display the Ad that was created here

hidden link

Regards,
Alim

If you want to experiment on a staging site instead of the production, please use the same credentials that has been provided on the URL below for staging site

hidden link

For the pop up that might appear on trying to access the site, please again use the same username and password as provided for wp-admin

Regards,
Alim

Okay I was able to adjust a setting for the Ads plugin in staging and now the ads appear as expected, I think...I would like for you to review the change. In wp-admin > Advanced Ads > Settings > General tab, there is a Content Injection section. The "Priority of content injection filter" was set to 1000, which is too high to work with Toolset's Content Template system. I adjusted this priority to 99, and now I can see ads appear in the custom post content. Please review this on the front-end of the staging site to see if there have been any other negative impacts to ad placement. If not, try the same change in Production and let me know the results.

Thanks Christian..:-)...

it works fine now.. :-)..

The default setting of that field (Priority of Content Injection Filter) is 100.. and the WPML Support person Drazen tried to use the information on this ticket to change it to 1000

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ad-injection-into-the-content-with-advanced-ads-plugin-using-layouts/

But I guess we have to play around with the setting to find the right one..:-)..

Thanks again..:-).. have a nice day..:-)..

Regards,
Alim

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.