Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Alternatives for WooCommerce?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by HenrykI1899 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm nearly finished with my directory site using toolset, but the use of WooCommerce with WooSubscriptions (to complete payments in CRED forms) is slowing my page loads by ~7 seconds. I've read in other forum entries that WooCommerce is the only option for accepting payments with CRED. Is this true? If so, do you know if the Toolset dev team is planning to offer additional options such as as Stripe or BrainTree in the future?

Any plans to integrate CRED and Easy Digital Downloads?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brent,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Currently our CRED plugin only uses Woocommerce to process payments because it is the mostly widely used ecommerce tool.

I checked on our system for any mention of easy digital download and was not able to find anything, so an integration is not currently planned for this.

What you can do however is to create a feature request for this so our developers can look into it but if enough customer don't request it then I cannot say whether it will be approved or not.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Understood.

Do you know of ways to improve the speed/performance of WooCommerce? I've read that WooCommerce makes many unnecessary database calls on non-Cred pages which causes the high page load times. I'm using Cred + WooCommerce to sell virtual products, so I don't see the need to involve WooCommerce on pages that don't require it's features. Any insight you may have improving performance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Brent,

What you can do is to try is installing the w3-total cache plugin.

This should help to speed things up a bit.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for your help, Shane.

Hi Brent,
for WooCommerce to sell virtual products you need something like that.
hidden link
not a simple Webhosting. And another Subscriptionstool is not so heavy. hidden link
I use it and its working.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.