Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Alternating layout

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicoleR-3 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to do what is described in this post: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/alternating-post-layout/
But I must be missing something because my layout is not showing the inverse layout.

This is the result I am aiming for: hidden link
But this is what I am getting with my custom post types: hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/alternating-post-layout/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for getting in touch. Based on what I see here your Odd/Even options are using the exact same css setup.

To confirm this I will need for you to send me a screenshot of the View configuration on the backend so that I can have a look to see if it is setup properly.

Also if i'm unable to Identify the issue from the screenshots then I will request admin access to take it further but for now the screenshots will do.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot_2020-09-22 Edit Content Template ‹ Olde Oaks Farm Thompsons, TX — WordPress(1).jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-22 Edit Content Template ‹ Olde Oaks Farm Thompsons, TX — WordPress.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-22 Edit View ‹ Olde Oaks Farm Thompsons, TX — WordPress.png
Screenshot_2020-09-22 Content Templates ‹ Olde Oaks Farm Thompsons, TX — WordPress.png

Hello Shane,

I've attached some screen shots. One is the loop editor for the view that I am using and the others are the templates that I'm trying to reference. Thanks so much.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the screenshots. From what I can see, it is setup correctly.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the site so that I can check on this in more detail for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicole,

The issue seems to be the view itself.

I remade the view and added it to a test page below and as you can see the odd and even works fine.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Great! Thanks so much.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.