Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Alt and Title tag not working for image gallery?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: display alt and title tag for a image field (repeating image field. not a group, just image)

Instead, I got: No alt and title.

Here's the code i used in views:

[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-imagens-galeria"]
<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-6 col-xs-12 grid-item">
<a rel="lightbox" href="[types field='imagens-galeria' output='raw'][/types]" class="lightbox">
  [types field='imagens-galeria' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]
  </a>
</div>
[/wpv-for-each]

I've tested workarounds and nothing. Searched the forum and most of the answers don't work.

If i set:

title="blablabla"

Then it works, all the images are showing blablabla as title. So variable %%TITLE%% and %%ALT%% are not working. I want to show title of image the same as defined in the multimedia area of WordPress. How can i achieve this?

I've tested:

[types field='imagens-galeria' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='[my-images]' size='full'][/types]

And functions.php:

add_shortcode('my-images', 'my_images_shortcode');
function my_images_shortcode() {
global $post, $wpdb;

$images = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'wpcf-imagens-galeria', false);
foreach ($images as $image) {
$attachment_id = $wpdb->get_var($wpdb->prepare(
"SELECT ID FROM $wpdb->posts WHERE guid = %s",
$image
));
$alt = get_post_meta($attachment_id, '_wp_attachment_image_alt', true);
$out = '$alt';
}
return $out;
}

But this does not return any image, it appears all blank.

image2.JPG

Hello,

I assume we are talking about a multiple instances image field "imagens-galeria", I have tried the same shortcodes you mentioned above in my localhost with a fresh wordpress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins:

[wpv-for-each field="wpcf-imagens-galeria"]
<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-4 col-sm-6 col-xs-12 grid-item">
<a rel="lightbox" href="[types field='imagens-galeria' output='raw'][/types]" class="lightbox">
  [types field='imagens-galeria' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='full'][/types]
  </a>
</div>
[/wpv-for-each]

It works fine, I can see the image title and alt in the HTML codes, see screenshot: image2.JPG

Please check these in your website:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

image5.JPG
image4.JPG

I can see the same problem in my localhost with your database dump file.

Here are what I found:
1) Edit the post "Galeria 3D print":
hidden link
2) Add an item in image field "Imagens", setup the new image item title and alt values, see screenshot: image4.JPG
3) Test it in front-end, I can see both title and alt tags work fine, see screenshot image5.JPG

I suggest you edit the post "Galeria 3D print", setup alt and title tags for each item of image field "Imagens", and test again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.