Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Alphabetical Filter is not workign in IE 8

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.90 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I've a field called alphabetical categorization. I'm filtering my results with that. It seems to work fine with other browser but only giving issues with IE 8. Thanks if you can send next response as private then I can share site url.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - I need to check how you integrated alphabetical filter.
- Did you use any custom code?
- Do you see any Javascript error at browser console?

-- Yes - I need to check how you integrated alphabetical filter.
ANS - You need to send me private response window then I can share information with you.

-- Did you use any custom code?
ANS - No I'm using Views for that.

-- Do you see any Javascript error at browser console?
ANS - No, errors in console

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've added following code to your view's filter section's JS editor:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
  $('.target br').replaceWith('');
   if($.browser.version == '8.0'){   
     $('.wpv-filter-form input[type="radio"], .radio-button LABEL.wpcf-form-radio-label.wpcf-form-label').css('float', 'left');

$('.radio-button LABEL.wpcf-form-radio-label.wpcf-form-label').css('padding', ' 0px 0px !important;');
    }else{
      $('.radio-button LABEL.wpcf-form-radio-label.wpcf-form-label').css('padding', ' 0px 7px !important;');
      $('.radio-button LABEL.wpcf-form-radio-label.wpcf-form-label').css('cursor', 'pointer');
      $('.radio-button LABEL.wpcf-form-radio-label.wpcf-form-label').css('display', ' table-cell');

}
});

For any other IE issues I suggest you to use browser specific hacks for IE 8.
=> hidden link
=> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3541982/apply-css-rules-if-browser-is-ie

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for your reply, but the solution you provided does it suppose to work because when I checked it didn't work.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please try to check after deleting browser cache? If issue still persist - could you please send me few screenshots?

Screen Shot 2016-11-25 at 9.51.28 AM 1.png

I tried deleting clearing my cache still didn't working. By clicking on alphabets it should filter but it's not filtering at the moment it's not filtering the response. But still I attached the screenshot. In the screenshot I clicked on c but it didn't filter the result.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - When I deactivate plugin Responds.js it works the filter start working. Could you please check and confirm.

Respond.js is just making bootstrap work CSS3 Media Queries work in IE 8. I can't get rid of it. Is there any other way we can make it work by having that plugin.
My Question is= CSS which is not letting filter work???

Thanks

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 9.06.39 AM.png

I added the drop down on Directory of Members page that was working fine even when I took your Js code out. It's just not working when I'm trying to show them as a radio button having your javascript code or not. Also your with that code the design is meesed up. I've attacehd screenshot for you. Everything should be in one line.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Well - latest jQuery supports IE version 9+.
=> hidden link

I suggest you use latest browser version.

Do you still need help with this issue? If so, I would need to consult our developers on this.

Also, when I checked with clean install on my local test site view's filter with IE 8 is working fine. Please check following screencast:
=> hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.