Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allowing registered users to add multiple images to existing post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Allowing registered users to add multiple images to existing post

Solution:
There is no feature available to upload multiple images in single shot. However we have this feature request registered but there is no ETA on it.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/allowing-registered-users-to-add-multiple-images-to-existing-post/#post-920752

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jasonw-2 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
As the title reads, I want to allow registered users to add multiple images to existing post. In simple words, I have created page that provides vehicle specifications and details. I would like registered users to upload photos of their vehicle. How is this possible? Unless Im mistaken there is no current support or option for multiple image uploads except the single field repeating which just seems clunky.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Ive had a look around the support forum, but havent found anything that looks close.

What is the link to your site?
Im currently working on localhost

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Unless Im mistaken there is no current support or option for multiple image uploads except the single field repeating which just seems clunky.
==> Yes - thats the only way to upload multiple images by adding repeating field. There is no feature available to upload multiple images in single shot. However we have this feature request registered but there is no ETA on it.

I will add your voice to our internal feature request ticket to highlight this feature again in front of our Devs.

Please please please (to the devs) make this happen. It's literally killing my entire project, mostly because the Ajax seems like it's drunk when I'm trying to upload 20 pictures to a post. I know my client is going to take issue with this and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. (not smart enough I guess). Please............

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.