Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow users to submit information to a CPT and register a new account

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We have a CPT that collects profile information for a user. We want new accounts to be able to register a new account and submit the detailed fields (above and beyond username/password) using one form.

Our user will create a profile that will give us data for their profile including a taxonomy. Some of the fields are vetting information to determine how they will be approved for categories. But we also need to register them for a new account so that they can edit their profile and submit articles for publishing in the future.

We want it to be seamless as one process since our potential people are not overly tech-savvy.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'm afraid, the way Toolset Forms work, separate forms will need to be submitted for registering a user and for adding/editing a post in CPT.

This means that for the most seamless experience, your visitors will:

a). First, submit a "new user" form to get registered and become a "user".

b). After logging in as a user, they can use another "new post" form to submit the additional details that will be saved in the respective CPT entry.

The process/steps for this are explained in detail in this guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-create-custom-searches-and-relationships-for-users/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.