Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow user to select items (cpts) and have them sent in an email

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,

I have a CPT (Best Sellers,) and I want to show them all in a list (image, title, description), and allow the user to select their desired items (checkbox next to each item I suppose), then click a Send button and have those selections(titles) emailed to me.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately no this is not something that is possible with our toolset plugins.

Our plugin is only able send out mails when a post is created.

So you might be able to achieve this with child posts but that would mean a post is going to be created.

You may perhaps need to use a 3rd party plugin to achieve your exact use case.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, but couldn't I create another cpt, like Entries, that has a few fields (name, phone, email...) and create a Form that creates this post upon submission. Then is there a way to connect the Entries cpt with "Best Sellers" so I can output them on that form too?

Actually I came across this post which looks similar to what I'm looking for... or am I mis-understanding this post?

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/auto-populate-checkboxes-field-with-custom-post-type-title/

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

Yes this is possible to do as i mentioned in my previous post with the use of child posts.

However the user will only be able to select the items one by one. So you wouldn't be able to do it in bulk as you mentioned initially.

The solution in the link above works quite well as since you're able to get the post title, this can serve as a good solution.

So all you need to do is to create a form and a view. The view will populate the generic field in the form with the post titles. Then you should be able to send out a notification with this field.

Thanks,
Shane

You said "However the user will only be able to select the items one by one. So you wouldn't be able to do it in bulk as you mentioned initially." Why would they only be able to select one by one?

Basically the solution in the link above would work for what I am describing? Would I only be able to get the post title, or could I also get a post image and description?

Would this solution also mean that whenever I added a new cpt I would have to update the form with another Generic checkbox field?

Tim

Shane
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

That is correct, the user wouldn't be able to select the items in bulk. Thats because of how the notifications are going to work.

There will be a compromise. You can allow the user to select multiple items, however in this case you will only be able to get the titles and won't be able to customize the output.

You will pretty much need to output the entire form data to do this.

In the case where the you have the user only selects one option, then we can get the ID of the option they select and retrieve the other fields that are stored in this post. This means you will be able to get the Title, Description etc.

Please let me know what you think of this and I can guide you through the process.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.