Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow permalinks to be prepended with front base – Not working

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hendrikH 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello,
on the site: hidden link (which you might not be able to access without a certain VPN unfortunately)

I am trying to remove the frontbase URL from the CPT "Ratgeber"

Currently, it looks like this:
hidden link

I'm trying to achieve this:
hidden link

On the post type options, I have selected and deselected "Rewrite", "Use the normal WordPress URL logic" ,
"Use a custom URL format", "Allow permalinks to be prepended with front base" without any success.

Refreshed the permalink options which looks like this:

Custom Structure => hidden link

and still nothin.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Best regards,
Eduard P.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Eduard,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This is not possible through the wordpress GUI. Thats because wordpress requires that you the CPT slug is prepended to the post slug.

This is to ensure that the correct reference is made to the correct post type as there will be conflicts if you have a Post with slug /new-post and a cpt that also has the slug /new-post

Wordpress would be confused and not know which post to display. However if you must do this then you will need to through the use of custom code.

Here is a link below that should be able to assist you.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.