Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow members to edit their member profile

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to have their customer's edit their own content on the frontend.

Solution:

This can be done by creating a frontend edit form and following the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 62 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurieB 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Laurie,

Ok this is going to be a bit tricky to achieve. It is going to require that the user add their own option. Since this is also going to be done with a search then you wouldn't want 10,000 users adding each their own personal option.

This is the concern that i have. We can add the option if you want but it will need to be a field that is activated anytime the user selects a Parent category.

So you will create a single line field in Types and then add that field to each sub category conditional. This way we can check in the code if the user actually added anything in this field and then add it as a taxonomy.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I understand your point and will mention that to the client. A simple resolution would be to have a note that says something like, if you don't see a sub-category that suits your business focus, please enter your suggestion below, and have a single line field for suggested additions. It would be up to the admin to use it or not.

Thank you for your help.
Laurie

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Shane,
One more question came up. I created a My Membership page which you are forwarded to when you log-into the site. There are links to create your member profile, events, schedules, and view videos.

What do I use for a link to go to the members's profile page to edit their profile? Post Title doesn't work as it shows that page.

Appreciate your help.
Laurie

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.