Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Allow drag & drop ordering of field groups

This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.21 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipV-3 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,
this is a suggestion for something simple but pretty needed everytime:
Allow drag & drop ordering of field groups. Not the items within a field group, but the field groups itself. User field groups, Post field groups, etc.
Reason: to allow users/admins to see the content in the cronology that makes sense to the developer.
It's not very inviting to have to make a php function all the time for some ordering, and make changes through that 🙂
(existing ordering plugins don't handle toolset ordering)

Thanks!

Dear Filip,

Are you going to setup the default order of the post field group metabox? yes, you are right, there isn't such a built-in feature within Types plugin, and I forward it to our developers to evaluate.

And each post field group is a wordpress metabox, so when you edit a single post/page, you can drag and drop the post field group meta box to where what you want.

Hi Luo, yes that's correct, thanks for forwarding this suggestion.

True that i can order the metaboxes on the page, but that would only have effect to my login rank. For other ranks, fe customers, that wouldnt make any change, as i discovered much earlier.

Kind regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.