Skip Navigation

[Resolved] AJAX refresh when changing any filter

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
AJAX refresh when changing any filter

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Issue:
The time taken for any refresh when changing field take about 4 second..
How to make it faster and smoother like ted talk...

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about this as the speed of the data load is dependent on many things. One of which is wordpress core's ability and your server's ability to deliver the information.

The Ted website seems to be something that is custom built and not using any framework which would allow the developers to optimise their queries specifically for the Ted website.

Unfortunately in this case this is not something that can be done. We have to rely on our team to constantly improve this as we are currently doing.

Right now your site is loading the query within the acceptable parameters so there isn't much that we can do about this.

You can try using the WP Super Cache plugin to help the plugin not to query the database as much but I cannot guarantee any significant performance gains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi;

Is it related to server ?

or

a programming issue with toolset cannot cater right now?

Because we plan to make 1000 of videos filtered.
Right now the filtration for just 12 videos is about 4 second.
If 1000 of videos... it's might take more than a minute...for each video filteration.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Thank You

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ibrahim,

Is it related to server ?

Yes it can also be server related as to the speed at which your server can deliver the queried content can affect the loading of the data.

a programming issue with toolset cannot cater right now?

It is also related to programming as well as our team is constantly trying to improve the speed of the parametric searches.

I would recommend having a look at this documentation below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/front-page-filters/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi;

I already did the caching base on the picture you send.

But results still same.

Thank You

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ibrahim,

Given the current situation there is not much we can do about this in our forums.

Any other speed improvement would need to be a direct patch from our development team to improve this in general.

So there is not much else that I can do.

Thanks,
Shane

OK.. Thank You for the feedback

Shane
Supporter

Hi Ibrahim,

If there are no further queries or concerns on this one then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.