Skip Navigation

[Resolved] AJAX pagination error after Views update

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to debug Types and views to check for possible errors.

Solution:
To check Types and Views for any possible error you should:

- activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file.
- Check htaccess files

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by morktron 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
pagination-error.png

I am trying to: Get the ajax pagination working

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/errata/views-ajax-pagination-fails-to-load-pages/

I expected to see: Ajax pagination working again

Instead, I got: Ajax pagination not working

Hi, I followed the instructions to get AJAX pagination working again but it's still not working.

The site is here: hidden link , the View that is broken is the Testimonials on the bottom left

Please could you see if you can get it working again? thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

The errata page you shared with me is belongs to view version 1.12 and current view version is 1.12.1.

I suggest:
1)
Reinstall views plugin if you have added fix from errata page.

2)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Check with minimum setup Toolset plugins + default theme

Hi Minesh, thanks for your assistance. I've re-installed the plugin and now I get a different error:

403 (Forbidden)

I copied the site to my local server and there are no errors at all - so I assume now it is a server configuration issue?

Please let me know what you think, thanks

Minesh
Supporter

There must be some issues with configuration.

Could you please activate WP_DEBUG from wp-config.php file and send me possible errors for review.

I enabled wp_debug but only got:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ***/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/frontend/class-frontend.php on line 273

which I guess is unrelated?

The site is behind a firewall now so I'm not sure is wp_debug is working correctly. So I installed the 'WP Debug This' plugin.

There are a few permission recommendations and the owner of the public_html directory is 'nobody', maybe that is an issue? I'd upload the screenshot here but it's probably not a good idea for security reasons.

Can I give you ftp and admin access and see what you think?

Minesh
Supporter

Have you checked your .htaccess files?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I think I locate the culprit. Its your firewall CloudProxy - that is blocking the pagination.

I get this message:

Sucuri WebSite Firewall -  CloudProxy - Access Denied
</a></h2>

<div class="reg-faqfull">
<h4>What is going on?</h4>
<b>You are not allowed to access the requested page.</b> If you are the site owner, please open a ticket
 in our support page if you think it was caused by an error: <a href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>">https
://support.sucuri.net</a>. If you are not the owner of the web site, you can contact us at cloudproxy
@sucuri.net. Also make sure to include the block details (displayed below), so we can better troubleshoot
 the error.
</div>

<div class="reg-faqfull">
<h4>Block details</h4>

<ul>

<li>Your IP: <b><span id="req-remote-addr">Loading...</span></b></li>
<li>URL: <b id="req-url-path">Loading...</b></li>
<li>Your Browser: <span id="req-user-agent">Loading...</span></li>
<li>Block ID: <b>BAK024</b></li>
<li>Block reason: Access to a backdoor or suspected location was denied.</li>
<li>Time: <span id="req-date-time">Loading...</span></li>
<li>Server ID: <b>cp13009</b></li>
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 8.15.49 PM.png

Wow thanks Minesh, you were quick to find the issue 🙂

Please let me know how you found that error and what path do I need to whitelist in order to make it work?

Thanks again, nearly fixed 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

I found the error on browser console when I was debugging pagination.

You may try to unblock path of plugins directory and check or from wp-content or particular plugin folder.

We get this error:

NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - <em><u>hidden link</u></em>"

May be you can get idea.

Ok great, thanks Minesh, you've been very helpful 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.