Skip Navigation

[Resolved] AJAX-Paginated Sliders Not Working in WP 5.0

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

I recently upgraded my website to WordPress 5.0 (which required a corresponding upgrade to my Divi theme and Divi Builder).

I have 2 slider views that I created that worked fine on the previous version of WP & Divi, but which now don't seem to work correctly. They are both set up as slider with "Pagination enabled with automatic AJAX transition". What happens now is that the page loads fine, but as soon as the time elapses for the current slide the view collapses and the second and subsequent slide images are not displayed. I thought this might be a browser problem, but I have verified that the same thing happens on both Firefox and Chrome.

You can see the problem for yourself on the front page of my website, hidden link

Please tell me you have a fix for this...

Thanks,

David McLeod

Interesting, this is related to images as well:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/after-update-to-types-3-2-1-and-views-2-7-1-causes-array-to-string-error/#post-1164675

However, I was not sure where to see the issue on hidden link. Can you link me to the precise URL and explain where I see the slider?

The issue you describe sounds rather like a known issue, where you cannot use AJAX pagination when using the Builder, builder styles get lost if done so:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-pagination/#limitations-of-using-ajax-pagination

Locally, when I build a slider with AJAX, using the DIVI theme and Toolset, this works great, but I might miss something (eventually the same as in the above-linked tickets).

Can you ensure this issue happens with just Toolset, and send me a copy, with the precise steps of the issue, so I can look at this and report it to be fixed?

I have chosen not to go through the "Duplicator" process at this time. If it turns out that this is the only way to resolve the issue, I will provide that information at a later time.

Yes, I see them now, and I see there are et_ classes added that probably are the cause to this.
I suspect it's related to this:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/styling-issue-with-custom-search-in-child-views-and-divi/
Now, to be sure, I need to replicate this locally as well.

1. Please confirm this is the same issue as above by trying a View that paginates without AJAX
That should work, and if it does, it's probably the issue mentioned in the tickets already.
==> With DIVI and page builders AJAX will not work fine, for technical reasons.

2. If you are 100% positive this happened due to an update please zip the site so I can deploy it locally and find the bug.
It would help if the site is already tested to the minimum steps (other software, custom code, etc), however, I can also exclude those parts locally.

Thank you for the cooperation

Yes, this leads me to suspect it's the issue I mentioned above.

Are you sure, this happened only after an update? This issue should be known as described above, you cannot use AJAX paginated Views when using the 3rd Party ShortCodes within it, and that includes the builder's output, as it uses to add counters that are disturbed thru the AJAX views.

I will now download and analyse this package to see if that is the case or if this is a new bug,
According to the findings, I will update you here and eventually, escalate this issue to the Developers.

Yes, it DEFINITELY started happening AFTER the upgrade to WP 5.0. The sliders worked perfectly before, which is why I am very doubtful about the et_ classes that wrap the div--I'm almost certain those classes have been present all along.

David

Deploying the duplicate I see a WPOD, which is caused by a customization of the login or wp-admin URL, which is "/login/" instead of the native WordPress.

I am not able to access the WP Admin.
I only was able to access, after I removed all plugins, inclusive the Must Use.

However, the issue persisted with just the Child/Parent DIVI Theme and Views, no other plugin.
It works as soon the theme is deactivated.

So it seems if an AJAXified View is inserted with the DIVI theme's builder, then that pagination fails (it shrinks the contents so only the pagination stays visible, but not the content)

That, however, doesn't happen locally.
Not even, if I import the Views you use on the site.

I did not find the steps to replicate this, and the issue is not replicable locally, even if the Views are taken from your site.
I also tried to create a new View, that also does not help on your site.

It is not related to any Custom CSS, JS or custom code, neither the Theme or any other plugin, it seems this issue is solely due to the Database.
Some setting, likely in DIVI, that I did not yet find.

I escalated this to be resolved, we will first have to find the steps but we will work on this together, with the developers as well.

As a temporary solution you should be able to remove the call to the Loop Item in the Toolset View Loop ([wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-slider-recent-articles"]) and instead put the contents of it directly into the loop:

<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[wpv-post-featured-image size="large"]</a>
[wpv-post-excerpt output="raw"]

That should solve the issue for now, can you confirm this?

I can still not replicate the issue on a fresh install, however, not even with the exported views from the site.
This is strange, I am investigating and will report to the Developers if required, to adjust it, or update you about a solution ASAP.

I replicated this issue on a clean site now.

Posts edited by DIVI Builder will not display in AJAXified pagination.
To solve it, you can either move the Loop item in Views into the loop directly or adding "suppress_filters="true" to the Loop Item ShortCode in the view's loop.

I reported this to the 3rd Tier and we will look what we can do about this

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.