Skip Navigation

[Closed] Ajax create custom field, then edit same field on same page – removes the data.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have a repeating field group that I use on a page, it creates a new item and this is added (CRED new form) to the page using ajax

I have a jQuery that refreshes the div to show me the available repeating field group item once its been inserted.
( I go to wp-admin and can see that it been added to the post)

I then use the cred from on that item to edit it (CRED edit form) - save using ajax.
(Bearing in mind the page has not been refreshed since this repeating filed item was created.)

When I do finally refresh the page the item disappears (or navigate away and back).

If I change the initial CRED new form for the repeating field group to not use Ajax, this works fine - however, I should be able to use the ajax method and stop the refresh and keep the user on the page without a full reload (I hope).
This allows them to add multiple items and see them on the page without a full page refresh each time.

I've attached a little video of this in action.
hidden link

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

To better assist you with this issue, I would prefer to take a closer look at how your forms are configured and how your content templates or views are built. If you would agree, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Please provide more details about the involved Toolset elements:
- Custom post types.
- Content template or Views.
- Forms.
And any additional details that may help me understand your workflows.

The topic ‘[Closed] Ajax create custom field, then edit same field on same page – removes the data.’ is closed to new replies.