Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After I updated to "wordpress version 5.4–de_DE" CRED Commerce does have error

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 43 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lara 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2020-04-13-CRED_problem_wp-config.PNG

Hi Luo,

my work colleague updated the MySQL database of cuteberry.de and the MySQL database of hidden link
But it still doesn't work. I followed your instructions and edited the wp-config.php as described in the documentation, however I can't produce an error log. What do I need to do after I edited the wp-config.php ? Reload cuteberry.de or submit the form, which has an error? I tried both, but nothing happens.

I hoped, that the problem would solve itself with the database update. But that wasn't the case.

Could you please create a new error log for me, so that we can check, what problems still exist after the update?

Kind regards
Lara

I have tried the your website again:
hidden link
And I see below error message:

Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user**** (using password: YES)

It means you are using wrong database settings, I suggest you check the database settings in your website file "wp-config.php".

More help:
Configure Database Settings
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#configure-database-settings

To get the PHP debug logs, it should be same as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/after-i-updated-to-wordpress-version-5-4-de_de-cred-commerce-does-have-error/#post-1578199

Many apologies Luo.

I forgot, that I changed the password in the testsite.
Now you can access the page.

For the question:
What do I need to do after I edited the wp-config.php ?

You can goto your test site login page:
hidden link

Then login to dashboard with a customer user, then you should be see some new logs added into the file error_log.txt, it seems the problem when user login into WordPress dashboard.

Do you mean, that the login form creates the problem?

According the the PHP debug logs, those errors occur in WordPress dashboard page, and I have checked again the logs file "error_log.txt" of your website, after "10-Apr-2020", there isn't any new line added into it, it seems that there isn't new PHP errors in your website.

Thanks Luo. I also removed the login form to see, if it causes the error, but the problem is still there. If I submit the CRED form the first time, it redirects me to hidden link (the front page) and not to the Checkout page. If I go back to the registration page and I submit the CRED form again, then it redirects me to the Checkout page.

How can we go ahead to solve the problem?

I have tried it in your test site hidden link a lots of time, but don't see the problem you mentioned above:

it redirects me to
hidden link (the front page) and not to the Checkout page.

See the video capature:
hidden link

After submit the registration form, it does redirect me to checkout page, is there anything missing?

Now I think I figured out why it's working on your end and it's not working on my end. Thanks for the video. It was really useful.
You logged-in before you submitted the form. However the users should submit this form as guests. When they submit this form they don't have an account yet. The account will be created through Woocommerce, when they submit the Woocommerce-from on the Checkout page. Can you please try what happens on your end, if you try to submit the form without being logged-in?

I tested it. If I submit the form after I log-in, then it will work properly. Unfortunately the user of the site need to submit the form as guests... And then the error occur ..

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Luo is on vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Is it OK if I install a duplicator copy of plugin on your install and take your site copy so that I can install your site's 1:1 copy on my local test install for troubleshooting?

Can you please tell me what exactly the issue you want me to look at it as I see the ticket is already having two pages and I want to work on the exact issue you want me to work on.

Hi Minesh,
thank you so much, that you will take care of the ticket, while Luo is on vacation. I appreciate it.

Yes you can install a duplicator package on hidden link . This is the beta-version of the website. Do I need to share the credentials with you again or can you see the credentials, that I shared with Luo?

You can log-in here: hidden link

Page, where you can see the problem: hidden link
Form, which creates the problem: I will attach you a picture of the form

The problem: The user need to submit this form as a guest, before he has an account. As a guest he is not log-in into the page.
1) When the form is submitted by a guest, the guest will be redirected to cuteberry.de instead to the checkout page.
2) The guest is now in the cuteberry.de-page. If he goes back to hidden link and submits the form again, he will be now redirected to the Checkout-page - in most cases.

3) If a user first log-in and then goes to the hidden link and submits the form, everything works fine. He will be redirected instantly to the Checkout-page. However, because the form, that creates the trouble is the registration form, it is impossible, that the guest log-in before he submits the form.

Kind regards
Lara

hidden link
-> The link, where you can find the picture, which shows the form. I couldn't attach it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thank you. I have credentials which you shared with Luo.

I've downloaded the duplicator and I will get back to you as soon as possible once I check the issue or if I need anything.

Many thanks Minesh 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.