Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After filtering first product is hidden

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

After I set a filter in our WooCommerce store (category view via toolset), for example by country - e.g. Germany, the view is updated properly, however, it is not the announced 42 products, but only 41 - the first product in the list is simply not output with. URL changes from

{link removed}

to

{link removed}

Now the token &wpv_aux_current_post_id=4694 is present twice. If I remove both from the URL, like this

{link removed}

42 products are displayed properly, as it should be.

I have already tried the solutions here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/url-of-the-views-result/ and here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/where-is-this-hidden-input-coming-from-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/, but both do not solve the problem, but rather create new ones.

How do I get the system to show me all the products that are also requested via filter?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot and reproduce this issue on a test website, I'll need to see exactly how this archive and products are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details and I've removed the website's links from the first message.

During testing, I noticed that the issue is specific to only "Deutschland" term and only to the view inside the archive page.

A simple view with similar query filters on a regular page works fine.
( you can check the output of a test view on the draft page: "View: Test view from TS support" )

I'm not sure exactly how are you loading this post view inside the archive page, but, I'll recommend testing this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled.

If the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, to test this on a different server.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

No, sorry, it's not only "Deutschland"; it's the first product in the total list that gets kicked out after filtering. I have also assigned "Switzerland" to the first product in the overall list, and there too the number changes from 11 to 10 products after filtering.

You have permissions of administration in backoffice. Duplicator is installed.

Also: If i remove the both tokens &wpv_aux_current_post_id=4694&wpv_aux_current_post_id=4694 from URL the i get 11 products as expected.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for clearing this up and I can confirm the same about the first product in the total list.

I tried to create a duplicator package, but it times out as the PHP maximum execution time is set to 30 seconds which is too low.

I'll recommend getting it increased to at least 300 seconds.
( ref: hidden link )

You can also share FTP access details so that I can download the files from the server manually.
( I've set your next reply as private again )

You have admin access and we have increased the execution time to 300s.FTP access is disabled on our servers, we cannot enable it because it is not available. Also, we installed WP File Manager - it may be easier to manage files with it. You can enable the plugin.

Waqar
Supporter

I still see the PHP maximum execution time is set to 30.

Screenshot from the Duplicator error page:
hidden link

Screenshot from the Status report at WP Admin -> WooCommerce -> Status:
hidden link

Note: I have the Duplicator Pro plugin which supports multisite networks better, but as an administrator, I can not install it, since only Super Admin users can do that.

I have now granted you the rights as a super administrator.

One more note here: the only element we used in this view that didn't come "out-of-the-box" is a JS snippet. This is where the colleague helped us: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/viewfilter-toggeling/

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you and I was able to download a duplicator package using the Duplicator Pro.

I'll be investigating this on my test server and will share my findings as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

Note: The JS code that you mentioned doesn't seem relevant here.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

During testing on your website's clone, I was able to resolve this by following these two steps:

1. In the view "Gehaltsdaten", I unselected the option "Don't include current page in query result".

2. Also, in the same view's loop editor, I included the suppress_filters="true" attribute to the "wpv-post-body" shortcode:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body )

[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-gehaltsdaten" suppress_filters="true"]

This also seems to work on your actual website.

Thank you very much, that looks quite good. But: If we activate the filter now (after these changes), the prices are no longer displayed on the page. ?!? What can be the reason for this now?

Waqar
Supporter

I've checked your website and I can still see the prices, after using a filter.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Can you please test again after clearing all involved caches?

Did you test both as a logged in and logged out user? All caches are cleared and I tested it with a fresh browser installation. Since the changes, the prices are no longer displayed after filtering. However, I can only reliably reproduce this for users who are not logged in.

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-product-price-is-not-showing-after-search-filter-is-used/

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this and I can confirm that the price is not showing after a filter is used, but only for guests.
(visitors who are not logged in)

My further tests have also revealed that this is not affected by the two recent changes added to the view and it stays the same, even if those changes are reverted.

For this reason, I've split this into a separate ticket and will keep you updated with my findings through that.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-product-price-is-not-showing-after-search-filter-is-used/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.