Skip Navigation

[Resolved] After domain change, old domain remains in views

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dariuszk 7 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author

I am trying to:
I have changed main domain from geckoworkshops.co.uk to geckoworkshops.com

I visited this URL:

hidden link
I expected to see:
all links updated to the new domain

Instead, I got:

<div id="wpv-view-layout-5754-TCPID5748" class="js-wpv-view-layout js-wpv-layout-responsive js-wpv-view-layout-5754-TCPID5748" data-viewnumber="5754-TCPID5748" data-pagination="{"id":"5754","base_permalink":"/postcards-from-india/?wpv_view_count=5754-TCPID5748&wpv_paged=WPV_PAGE_NUM","query":"normal","type":"disabled","effect":"fade","duration":500,"speed":5,"stop_rollover":"false","cache_pages":"enabled","preload_images":"enabled","preload_pages":"enabled","preload_reach":1,"spinner":"builtin","spinner_image":"

hidden link

","callback_next":"","manage_history":"enabled","has_controls_in_form":"disabled","infinite_tolerance":"0","max_pages":0,"page":1,"loop":{"type":"","name":"","data":[],"id":0}}" data-permalink="/postcards-from-india/?wpv_view_count=5754-TCPID5748">

Why has the ajax-loader.gif link to the old domain address not updated?

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Sometimes plugins or themes store URLs in the database for easier access even if it's been changed in Dashboard > Settings > General.

I recommend going through the database with an SQL query or a plugin (such as Go Live Update URLS) to replace all URLs in the database:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/go-live-update-urls/

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Thank you, that worked.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.