Skip Navigation

[Resolved] advanced woocommerce shopping cart user filtered page

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cathieH 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Shop Layout Mockup.jpg

I am trying to:

Create a new style of shopping cart page by guiding people through a selection process. I'm selling website packages in combinations which the user can choose.

Firstly choose 1. website theme choice > 2. Choose branding colours > 3. Choose brand stationary - show the final cost value increase and decrease as they do their selections.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see:

The ability to nest views but the Views plugin has changed radically since I used it a year ago and now things work differently.

Instead, I got:

Once page that shows the first sample items in the product cateogry .. but I'm not able to show only the child options from one parent category. I'd then want to be able to do the following nested views or however it is done to then select the follow on options.

I don't know how to make the 'product' which has a monetary value, into a parametric search value for filtering on. I'd like to make it so that when the click an image, it selects it as if it were a checkbox and the filters the below items based on that choice.

I don't know how to make it so that it passes on URL arguments onto the View.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Dear cathie,

Could you describe the question with more details?
How do you setup the relationships between "theme choice", "branding colours" and "brand stationary"?
are they custom post types with grand-parent/parent/child relationships or a hierarchical custom taxonomy?

I need check if it is possible within Toolset. thanks

Hello Luoy,

I hope you've had a good christmas and new year break.

Regarding the 'relationship' what I've done is create several new taxonomies for woocommerce product, these cover the basics, choice of colour, brand accessory (logo, stationary etc), parent theme (divi, extra, genesis etc).

I'm probably not setting this up in the best way possible but I've done what I know how to do.

For the first section which doesn't depend on a parametric search I've shown a nested taxonomy and post view, showing all the sample wordpress functionality.

The section that requires a parametric filter I'd like to show in 3 sections. The search form to select what you want. Ie. Red items with a letterhead, business card and Divi theme. This would then show three sections with those results.

I've tried to set it up so that it filters by URL parameters but can't seem to get it to work to split into three sections. I can get it to work when all the results are jumbled up but not segrated into the logical sections.

Is this possible?

hidden link

I can provide login details so you can see what I've built.

Thanks
Cathie.

Ideally I'd like the parametric search form be able to return the results to 3 sections of views which present the matching products according to section. For example:

<b>Section 1</b> - Presents all the wordpress services offered as products to pick and select

<h2>Parametric Search then returns the users checkbox choices from the sidebar to:</2>
<b>Section 2</b> - The combination of colour + theme name = various theme choices
<b>Section 3</b> - The combination of colour + brand accessory = various branding elements

At the minute section 3 is not picking up the colour choice from section 2 on the page, is there a way to fix this?

Or a way to have all parametric result filters apply equally across Section 2 & 3 when applied from the sidebar?

I'd like to eventually add the ability to filter by price range too, but that's for the future.

Thanks
Cathie.

Views can query posts according to URL parameters,
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
But in your case, it is a custom filter form, as your screenshot:
hidden link
Which is not possible within Views, it require custom codes, most of them are JS codes, you will need to setup custom JS codes to passing url parameters value to the Views depends on user's choice.
To setup such a custom filter form, I suggest you contact our certified partners for it:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Okay, I'm abandoning the custom filter view. I'm sticking with the ordinary filter view and I've got it mostly working on the site now: hidden link

When you change the settings on the right sidebar filter and click search it refreshes the page and the correct products show up in their appropriate sections.

Question: Is there a way to get the instant AJAX refresh to work on all the different views instantly? So that they don't have to click search to see an update of the product ranges? I can't seem to get this bit to work instantly.

Thanks,
Cathie.

Unfortunately, Views ajax filter feature works only when the filter form and result be outputted within same shortcode. see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
section "Live Updates for View Results"
By default, the View will refresh when clicking on the Submit button. You can enable AJAX updates, so that the View results update whenever any of the filter inputs change.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.