Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Advanced Product Search Woocommerce

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 10 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 10 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
gift_finder.jpg

I am trying to create an advanced product search - based on this tutorial https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/search-filter-and-results/ but thus far my attempts are fruitless (see image for what I want to achieve)

Has anyone got any advice which would help me structure the query filter etc in order to get this advanced product search for woocommerce?

Dear Demetrius,

1) Taxonomy filter for "Boys, Girl and See All"
2) Filter by custom field for Age
3) Taxonomy filter for Category
4) Filter by custom fields for price min and max, so you should apply price >= price min AND price <= price max

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

I actually managed the first parts myself shortly after I posted that - however I do have an issue with the price filter because the option of adding a price via custom field is not listed - also I noticed when trying to setup the template thats the woocommerce fields were not there. Not sure what is going on but my screen was different to the tutorials - no woocommerce where they were supposed to be! Quite confused

Dear Demetrius,

Price field is hidden by default you should make it visible to Views first. To do that you should access Views > Settings, there is a section which let you to enable these hidden custom fields, after that you will be available to use them in Views.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you so much Adriano! You are an absolute star!!

You are welcome.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.