Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional display of Toolset Types fields is broken

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When I try to set a new conditional rule to a Types Custom Field, and try to apply the rule, nothing happens and the modal does not close.

This is a known issue and solved with this erratum:
https://toolset.com/errata/unable-to-add-or-edit-conditional-display-settings-for-custom-post-fields/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rusty 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Set conditional display on post fields

Instead, I got: When clicking "Apply" on the condition, the condition modal never clears, the condition is not set and in the console I get the following error: POST hidden link 500 (Internal Server Error)

This is a brand new install, no plugins (except for latest versions of Types, Views and Maps), no customization to functions.php or themes. Problem happens with FoundationPress, Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Seventeen themes.

The problem persists on my local dev environment as well as the live hosting server.

Correct, I see that too.

It happens only in Toolset > Post Fields > your_group > Edit > your_single_field > Edit > Set condition(s), and only if Views is active as well.

When you finished to set your condition and want to hit "Apply", the mentioned error is happening and the modal does not clear.

I have no workaround for this right now but will be back with news ASAP.
(Unless temporarily disable Views, and enable it after you did the changes)

Getting the same error here since the last update. Do you know when this can be fixed, really need this to be fixed ASP as cant finish a clients website? Thank-You very much.

There is a fix for this now, to apply in the Types plugin:
https://toolset.com/errata/unable-to-add-or-edit-conditional-display-settings-for-custom-post-fields/

Thank you for the patience!

Works perfectly. Many thanks!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.